El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me what color the frame was when the fifth generation Elkies came off the line? I have an '85 and I want to dress up the frame a little more.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
I don't remember my frame being painted any color when I bought my 82(new). While I'm bringing mine back from the dead I'm painting the frame semi-gloss black with POR-15.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frame restoration

I didn't think the frames had paint on them but when I look at my other 85
Elkie which only has 50k miles on it and I was told it was stored for 8 years that it still has tell-tale signs of paint on the frame. I can't figure out if it was just overspray from painting the underbody or if the frame was actually painted. My other Elkie that I want to paint the frame is black in color so I will probably do the same thing you are going to do with the POR-15. Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Chassis Saver

Has anyone tried using that Chassis Saver stuff. I guess it's similar to POR15. I may try it on the 81 once we get it into the garage.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Im also painting my frame with por 15 i had a hard time finding it here in Canada no one ever heard of por 15 but i found the canadian supplier on the net and he fixed me up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts