El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Noticed ny fan shroud has a ton of clscrew holes with no screws? Its going onto the top of the radiator underneath but the holes arent drilled into the radiator? Are there bolts for support on top of the shroud? If so im missen them.

Can you guys send pics of your 5th gen radiator/shrouds cause im confused.?

And the plastic top of the shroud moves a bit as if its not flat on the radiator????

Thanks guys, just need to make sure on some things. It has been in a fenderbender somwhere along its life, just dont know if repairs were done correctly. The whole front drivers side has been replaced assuming radiator too.

Thanks

Brandon

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
It mounts to the top of the body rail 5-6 bolts straight across by the hood latch. you a see in my picture the screw heads.

·
Registered
852 Posts
The only holes that should be on that shroud are the ones that mount it to the core support, i believe theres 5 of them and two on each side lower, where the top half screws to the bottom half. there may be holes elsewhere for wire harness snaps to mount in, but ive rareley seen any in 5th gen shrouds

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I get them. Huh...i must have extra drilled holes? I got 3 more on that flat edge right before the shroud caves up. Okay thanks just wanted to make sure it was okay! HDKUP looks nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts