El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new front chin spoiler through ebay. Part was from Lauren Engineering in California. I put the spoiler on my 79 Conquista. I had to cut the wheel well side moldings at the belt line, but that worked quite well. The spoiler mounts with 3 bolts to the front frame, two tab points through the front bumper filler panel, and 4 screws to the wheel openings. I painted the spoiler with acrylic enamel adding flexor before installing and that worked well. Cutting the front filler panel with an exacto knife works well. I removed two screws from the front filler panel mounting using a 9/32 socket and put screws in from the back side that hold the molded in tabs of the spoiler. I will send photos of the installation if anyone is interested.

Fredf

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Pics are always good. The question comes up now and again about this item. You made the right choice in getting the www.laurenengineering.com part. The other good part is that you can call them and actually speak to someone with a pulse to get help with installation! Hope you got a good deal on the bay for it!

:beer:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yes, pictures please! Post 'em, Baby!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts