El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my el camino seems to not have power going to the fuel pump. It happened before my v6 to v8 swap. It began to stall a bit but fortunately the thing kept going for 10 miles or so. I removed the fuel pump and directly connected it but nothing happened so i replaced it. But unfortunately it did not do much. I noticed the relay wasnt clicking so i switched it out too. Nothing. I check my ECM it was totally burnt out. That was when i decided to go with a vortec 350 swap. Im about done with the swap, but the fuel pump is still not working. So far i have bought a new fuel pump, relay, and a ecm but i checked the cables for the fuel pump and they are receiving no to little volts. The most i have seen them were 8.5 volts. I need help guys. I would really appreciate it im ripping my hair out.:eek3:

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
are you keeping the TBI or going carb on the 350??

that pump circuit is a strange one
its tied to the computer, distributor, and oil pressure switch..

check the power wire to the relay, see if it has full 12v..

:texas:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dammit I thought no one replied I'm going to fix my email right now but thanks I was thinking of keeping the TBI just change the computer and change the injectors to a 350. And thanks for the reply but I figured it out I was pulling my hair because the connections of the relay were all loose it didn't seem loose but I pushed them in a bit and it began clicking again. By the way do you have any clue if the vortec 350 P/S bracket would work on a the original 4.3 P/S?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts