El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh no, I can't stand theelcaminostore. I have had a couple problems with them. There prices may be cheaper than other vendors but I would rather pay a little more than to have to deal with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no, I can't stand theelcaminostore. I have had a couple problems with them. There prices may be cheaper than other vendors but I would rather pay a little more than to have to deal with them.
Sorry you had that experience with us. If there is anything i can do just let me know.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Sorry you had that experience with us. If there is anything i can do just let me know.
I am sure there is a better place to ask this, but what is your return policy? I inadvertently purchased retainer clips for hood insulation seperately because I mis-red that the insulation came with clips. So now I have 20 hood insulation clips (still new in the bags) with no rel use for them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here is my experience with Eckler's, which is the parent of The El Camino Store.
I ordered a gas tank from them, thinking I was getting a good product at a reasonable price. When it got here, I see the label Made in Taiwan. So I immediately want to return it. I called their customer service for instructions and did as they said.
But when I got to the Fedex office, I find out it will cost me $115 to ship it back to them !!
I called them back and was told that returning the item because of the country of origin is not a valid return reason so I can't get a return shipping label.
So I am going to eat the cost of the tank but I went everyone to know that their tanks are made in Taiwan and it doesn't tell you that anywhere on the website. When I pointed that out to the guy on the phone, he said I should have called to ask first. What arrogance !!
And I have since ordered another tank from a supplier of Canadian-made tanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts