El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1984 & 1986 El Camino
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an 84 El Camino with perfect body and new paint (See Below). The interior was horrible and in a color I do not like. I did purchase this vehicle from an auction and while looking at more El Camino's, I found an 86 El Camino 2 days later with a custom interior and bought it. It had driver side front end damage and decided this would be my parts car. I'll post the interior pictures below. I want to remove the entire interior of the 86 and put it in the 84. From what I understand there is minor differences but the full swap is possible. I will be documenting the interior swap on my YouTube channel so make sure you click the link below and subscribe. I also posted the video of when I purchased the first El Camino which shows the interior. Let me know what you think.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design
Brown Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover
Automotive exterior Wood Bumper Gas Flooring
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
5,379 Posts
definitely a cleaner interior than the other. I notice they deleted the door pull straps inside. Looks like you got some good parts in your driver you can sell, like your old door panels. and you have the great makings for a matching elkie trailer

·
Registered
1984 & 1986 El Camino
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
definitely a cleaner interior than the other. I notice they deleted the door pull straps inside. Looks like you got some good parts in your driver you can sell, like your old door panels. and you have the great makings for a matching elkie trailer
What is a Elkie Trailer? sounds interesting.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
Hi BlueLineGarage, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. You have a great looking 84 El Camino project. I like your plans to make it better. That's so cool. Have fun with your 84 El Camino and the community.

·
Registered
1987 GMC Caballero, 400 HP 350, Holley Sniper EFI, 200-4R
350 Posts
Welcome from San Diego County! You have quite the project on your hands! I believe you've made some good choices, especially having the donor truck.
You'll like it here. This group has a lot of experience and are willing to help you make your project a success. We celebrate with each other and look forward to meetings, car shows & cruises where we can appreciate, in person, your project

·
5,379 Posts
What is a Elkie Trailer? sounds interesting.
it's possible you have so much front end damage to the frame that it won't drive again. remove the front sheetmetal and cab and you've got a nice matching trailer

·
Registered
1984 & 1986 El Camino
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from San Diego County! You have quite the project on your hands! I believe you've made some good choices, especially having the donor truck.
You'll like it here. This group has a lot of experience and are willing to help you make your project a success. We celebrate with each other and look forward to meetings, car shows & cruises where we can appreciate, in person, your project
Thank you sir, I work on cars a lot and I am going to be posting videos of my work on this project car for all of you to see. I hope you will be one of the followers as well. Just make sure you subscribe to my youtube channel. Thank you again.

·
Registered
1984 & 1986 El Camino
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it's possible you have so much front end damage to the frame that it won't drive again. remove the front sheetmetal and cab and you've got a nice matching trailer
I'm stripping the car, its not worth saving but to male the rear a trail has never crossed my mind until you guys mentioned it. I think thats what I am going to do.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Could have bought one out of a 83 pickup that was taken out brand new by the owners father for a better system and stored for $140. I missed it by a couple hrs Saturday on eBay.
Tom

·
5,379 Posts
Blue line, What are you doing with the old radio? If its working, please keep me in mind.
Tom
do you know how to work on old radios Hat Trick? if so, I'll send you the one from my flooded elkie for free. just pay the shipping.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I’m a retired electrical contractor. I can figure out all the wiring but when I open that thing up if there is no black marks or loose solder connections I make a Bloody Mary and look for another.
Thank You for the thought, Tom
My father worked for RCA. MISS HIM

·
Registered
145 Posts
I will straight up buy the dark brown interior door panels and rear hanging carpet (if you have it). My father in law wants his the dark brown.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts