El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My el camino is a project that someone else started. I was putting the lights in and was having problems with the blinkers. So I start checking the fuses . The tail lights and the gauges fuse connectors in the fuse block one side of the part that holds the fuse in just seem to fall off:dontknow: . Does anyone make a repair kit for this . I did a search and can't find anything.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
if the little tab on the connector is colapsed it will fall out.you may be able to use a small screwdriver to pry it back out. if the fuse box body is bad you will need to replace it

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Probably any 5th gen G body fuse panel will work. Just place the wiring into the "new" panel after removing the pins from both and putting the pins from the old into the new.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The block body is still good its the copper piece that the fuse plugs in to. It is a little tab fell out . Maybe its not broken . I've never had to work on a fuse block. I will do like ccc mentioned and try to put the little pieces back in. thanks for the quick replies

·
Registered
12,533 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
26 Posts
On a side note from this... does anyone have a picture of what the labeling is on the fuse panel. Mine is all rubbed off so I have no idea what goes to what. There has been so many things stripped from my 78 that I'm just curious what those fuse slots are "supposed" to go to. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts