El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tilt column with black steering wheel. It's relatively complete as pictured. $100 takes it. Shipping would be pricey I'm sure but would consider it. Located just north of Pittsburgh for pickup. It can be easily cleaned up.
Wood Bicycle fork Gas Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

Reactions: chris32

·
Registered
174 Posts
What year is it out of?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just noticed it has the wipers on the column. Mine is on the dash.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
6,346 Posts
not to hijack, I have an '81 column with delay wiper control on the dash I'll be pulling later this summer. fair warning, it was in a flood and needs a good cleaning. can't even imagine what shipping would be from Texas. can't tell from Constable's whether his looks like this or not
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire Alloy wheel

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not to hijack, I have an '81 column with delay wiper control on the dash I'll be pulling later this summer. fair warning, it was in a flood and needs a good cleaning. can't even imagine what shipping would be from Texas. can't tell from Constable's whether his looks like this or not
View attachment 147392
Mine is wiper in the column so don't worry about a hijack. It's all good. Damn, dude. The flood really tore that car up.

·
6,346 Posts
Mine is wiper in the column so don't worry about a hijack. It's all good. Damn, dude. The flood really tore that car up.
some of it was me pulling stuff out but all the junk and dirt you see was the flood

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Motor vehicle

the yellow line is the top of the hill. the red house sits on top of the hill. the water was up at least 5' close to the eaves. I figure the elkie was under 10' of water.
note: the elkie HAD been parked next to the house until the flash flood pulled it out and dumped it there in the lower yard
Tire Wheel Plant Nature Wood

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm so sorry to see this. We live on the highest point of the Township and we live rural. For us to get anything like this, someone had better be building an ark.

·
6,346 Posts
I'm so sorry to see this. We live on the highest point of the Township and we live rural. For us to get anything like this, someone had better be building an ark.
owner joined the forum last year to see what could be done, I ended up buying it from her since the sheetmetal was straight but there was really no way to rescue it. I'll convert it into a trailer as I get more time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you get a chance would you be willing to PM me some more pics of it. I'm interested.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry, I'm in pa. Pretty close to constable. Wanted him to send me pics.

Shipping would be crazy!

Reactions: cyberray

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Sorry, I'm in pa. Pretty close to constable. Wanted him to send me pics.

Shipping would be crazy!
Column is pending, sorry tomeal. If he fails to pay, I'll get back to you. Actually shipping isn't as bad as I thought it might be. Buyer is in NY and it is $50 UPS.

You're close? Where you be? I'm right near Moraine.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Near new Florence, about 30 min south east of Indiana.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Column is sold

·
6,346 Posts
Column is pending, sorry tomeal. If he fails to pay, I'll get back to you. Actually shipping isn't as bad as I thought it might be. Buyer is in NY and it is $50 UPS.

You're close? Where you be? I'm right near Moraine.
how are you picking and shipping it? that's actually pretty reasonable price for shipping

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how are you picking and shipping it? that's actually pretty reasonable price for shipping
The business my wife manages has a contract with UPS and they also use an alternative service called Shippo. That's what UPS is charging them to go to here in west central PA to his residence in NY state. She is supposed to check Shippo tomorrow before it goes out as they may give a cheaper price but still going through UPS. It's not the first thing I've shipped through her shop. She doesn't care so long as I pay the rate.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts

I've shipped quite a few columns, still quite plentiful here for most years. I usually "build" a box, cardboard, 36" x 8" x 6" packed weight is right at 20lbs. I can ship a column out of Canada for about 60 USD. Shipped via the Postal service usually.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPS was just under $50. Shippo using UPS as the carrier ended up $37 and change.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts