El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

As a new member of this website I have to say I've learned quite a few things from reading all the posts in these forums and look forward to chatting with many of you in the future.

My current project car is a 77 Elky, which I started restoring about 2 months ago. I've quickly found that these 4th gen cars have a very limited number of resto parts but fortunetly most of the major items on this vehicle are in tact and just a little patch work is all that's been needed to repair the body.

Like many of you I'm going to be running dual exhaust and need the double bump crossmember, so I'm wanting to know where i can purchase the Gforce, is there a website ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you click on the "New Products" link, they do have a new A-body crossmember, but it's only for the 68-72 year models.

I haven't seen any bolt-in type crossmembers for the 4th gens. You might try Chris Alston's Chassisworks. Cutting and welding would be involved, but it would do the trick.

Have you tried measuring your stock crossmember for clearance? You probably won't be needing large diameter headpipes unless you have a high HP engine.

·
1,867 Posts
When I had a 77 Chevelle, I found a double hump crossmember from a 73-74 in a junk yard that bolted right in.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Tommy said:
When I had a 77 Chevelle, I found a double hump crossmember from a 73-74 in a junk yard that bolted right in.
If you can locate a 73 in a Junk Yard they do have just what you want. No specific options. It just has them from factory regardless of what actual Exhaust set up was. That is the best bet for fit.

BTW:

the 78 to 83 (Ithink its 83) were "A-Bodies" it was after that they were G-Bodies

·
1,867 Posts
It was 82 when they switched to the G body designator. :cool:

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
I believe I'll try this. Thanks for the link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts