El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to purchase a g force crossmember when I saw the announcement about the 10% off 2-5 member group buy. It says "order must be under one P.O. or one C.C. What does this mean? All the orders must be shipped by the same company i am guessing? Any general information about how to do this would help.

-Luke

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
NJLuke said:
It says "order must be under one P.O. or one C.C. What does this mean? All the orders must be shipped by the same company i am guessing? Any general information about how to do this would help.
P.O = purchase order, C.C = Cashier's check. Basically means that one person must make payment and receive said goods, then ship to the individual buyers. Let me talk to John to see if we can loosen this up a bit.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! Yeah that is pretty steep. Maybe get them to raise the group buy to 3 -5 people and ship and buy to individuals. Well we will see. Thanks

-Luke

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
I'm interested. I need the RC700.

·
Registered
481 Posts
nowukno said:
8O Im in I need an ac delete plate keep me posted.I just dont want to get burned.
Hey you can save yourself 90 bucks and make your own block off plate, i made my own and it works and looks great. I just took a big piece of cardboard and kept cutting it down till it fit the hole perfectly then traced it over onto a sheet of aluminum that i had then cut it out with some tin snips and an air cut off wheel. looks good and it was a whole lot cheaper.

Chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's the text from the links page:
We welcome group purchases and offer a 2-5 part/10% discount and 6 part & up/25% discount. All orders should be on (1) P.O. and be on (1) CC, or mailed payment. We will ship directly to each individual participant.
It looks to me like they just want one person to submit the order, with one payment, and then they ship each participant's part to them directly. This would require one of us to collect the orders and payments from all who are interested, and submit it as one order. I'm sure they will tack on shipping charges to each individual shipment.
I'm very interested if at least 5 more of you are willing to buy, giving us the 25% discount. I am looking at getting the 68-72 A-body crossmember.

·
Registered
445 Posts
camino81 said:
nowukno said:
8O Im in I need an ac delete plate keep me posted.I just dont want to get burned.
Hey you can save yourself 90 bucks and make your own block off plate, i made my own and it works and looks great. I just took a big piece of cardboard and kept cutting it down till it fit the hole perfectly then traced it over onto a sheet of aluminum that i had then cut it out with some tin snips and an air cut off wheel. looks good and it was a whole lot cheaper.

Chris
Hmm!! didnt even think about that,Im going to try that, thanx man..Hey what did you use to seal it,you know ,to keep fumes and moister out of the cockpit?

·
Registered
481 Posts
i used liquid nail, i think, been awhile sice i did it. I just put a real good bead around the opening then put the plate in place then pop rivited it on. worked out real good, if you want a pic of it i'll get you one.

Chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
After doing some research on crossmembers, I found out the G-Force A-body crossmember won't fit Elkys... :(. The one he has now only fits hardtop Chevelles and BOP. The Elky shares the same crossmember as the convertible Chevelle, which has the beefier frame. Guess I'll have to wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If we can get the 25% discount together count me in! I need a 700r4 crossmember for my caballero

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I suggest that you guys that are interested in buying a crossmember, check out www.maliburacing.com. There's currently a thread running that compares the fit of the G-Force and Iceman's. Icemans crossmember was a better fit according to those that posted. And even with a group purchase from G-Force with a 25% discount, Iceman's is still cheaper without a group purchase. And yes I have one and I'm more than satisfied with it, it's a quality made crossmember. I'm not saying that the G-Force is a not a good crossmember...what I am saying is that you can get one that is slightly better and save!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts