El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a friend of mine and I went out in both of our cars tonight to test the G Tech Pro that I just bought. I purely estimated my weight at 4400 lbs with me and my friend in the car. I think I might have been a bit light with that figure, but I'm going to stop at a weigh station on my way home next time and get weighed.

Anyway, come to find out there isn't a straight, level, road that's over 1/4 mile long around here. I tried the 1/4 in this one section, but I had to back off and nail the brakes because of a stop light. I ended up doing a mid 15 second 1/4 which included being on the brakes hard for a good bit of the last part. My first 0-60 was the best of the two runs at 7 seconds. My carbeurator sucks, I have exhaust leaks where the pipes meet up with the manifolds, and my heads need rebuilt.

Oh yeah, it estimated my hp at 225. With all the problems my car has, I don't doubt that figure. It's totally starving above 3k RPM's. Hopefully fixing the above problems will get me better numbers. That, and I need to find a 1/4 mile somewhere.

Oh yeah, my friend has a 2003 Taurus that got a 0-60 of 8.90 and estimated 154 hp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad to see you're having fun with the new playtoy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heheh. More like being pissed because of the numbers, but at least I have some numbers to compare against when I get my new parts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried mine on my el camino, my cavalier and even my streetbike

The el camino i got 190hp out of, the motor is a stock '74 400 smallblock with just a edelbrock carb and intake, didnt have enough room for a full 1/4 mile, but my et from the track is [email protected]

My 2.2 cavalier got 87hp and the best 1/4 mile i could get was 17.5 granted it was on a slight uphill curve i still thought this was pretty accurate

My streetbike, an 86 ZL600 (ninja motor in a cruiser) did 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, and the horsepower i could only get 36hp for some reason. i entered 490lbs for the wieght. I didnt wanna do a full 1/4 mile cuz i would trap around 120, not a good idea on the street :p

Overall i was pretty impressed with my gtech, it is really good for benchmarking and testing when u cant get to the track

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got to get the things I listed above fixed on the Elkie. I had to nail the brakes really hard when I tried the 1/4 mile with the G Tech, so I have no idea what my 1/4 mile et is. It'll be interesting to see what kind of gains I get with the new parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts