El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who dont know its a performance capabilities tool,very acurate usually within .1 .2 seconds

i did a total of 3 runs

1st run = [email protected]
2ndrun = [email protected]
3rdrun = {after some carb tuning and timing adjustment} [email protected] 105

this thing needs a bigger carb,its running out on the top end,i simply dont think that new edebrock 600 can flow enough air for that hungry big block 8O

anyways,all in all im impressed,only irritating thing is launching it,it sucks bad,doesnt get traction at all have to baby it in first,and most of second or i get nuclear clouds of tire smoke 8O

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Dump some air. Take em down to about 10 or 12 Lbs. If you were Air Bag equipped (About a 69.00 option) you could preload the rear end. Add some weight to the back bumper or directly on the axel. If you can.

It is ok to run those back tires at about 10 to 12 for strip. Warm them up before staging. Even crummy tires will get better grip that way. Only other way is to get you some ZR Rated Drag Radials. THe G-Force BFGs are real nice traction tire with great grip on dry surfaces. Water and Snow then all bets are off. Very soft rubber, requires a break in run to cure the tire before sustained use.

But all things being considered that is good times. What was the RPM at the end? Looks like your close to maximum by the end.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ElkyPete said:
Dump some air. Take em down to about 10 or 12 Lbs. If you were Air Bag equipped (About a 69.00 option) you could preload the rear end. Add some weight to the back bumper or directly on the axel. If you can.

It is ok to run those back tires at about 10 to 12 for strip. Warm them up before staging. Even crummy tires will get better grip that way. Only other way is to get you some ZR Rated Drag Radials. THe G-Force BFGs are real nice traction tire with great grip on dry surfaces. Water and Snow then all bets are off. Very soft rubber, requires a break in run to cure the tire before sustained use.

But all things being considered that is good times. What was the RPM at the end? Looks like your close to maximum by the end.
i dunno,i dont have the tach in yet 8O

im debating either buying a set of bfg drag radials for this thing,and some new wheels and tires for daily driver use,or im selling it,i havent made up my mind yet

on ythe brightside on the way home from work,i kicked a LT1 camaros ass 8O 4 times hahaha

·
Registered
224 Posts
Another good tip is to put your tailgate down- Everytime i see elkys at the track running, they always have em down. Couple good reasons-

1. Gives better air flow through the bed (unless there is a tonneau cover)2. Down, it Adds a little more weight further out back- I have even seen guys put sand bags INSIDE their tailgates for that exact purpose.

Very Not bad for a car pushing 4k pounds! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts