El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about a name change to the Holden gallery. There seems to be more "modern" El Camino's if you will, and making a new section for each of them seems out there, so how about a change to "New El Camino's" or "Modern Elky's"? Something that could incorporate all of the new models, not just the Holden.

I bring this up because I came across pictures of a concept elky made by Decoma Concepts and Id like to upload them to the site but I dont know where to place them? It would seem funny to put them in the Holden category and they are certainly should not be put under any of the Generation categories.

My suggestion :)

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
How about a "Concepts" gallery, would that work? Since the Holden hasn't been released as an El Camino as of yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, it would work if all that was going in there was concepts? However, car/trucks such as the Subaru Brat or the newer version, the Baja, which have been produced also need a place. I would suggest a name to the category that would cover everything not an El Camino. Leaving out the hack jobs, which have their place in the Hall of Shame of course.

Would simply put "Others" work?

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Hmm, well, since this is a site dedicated to El Caminos and their GMC cousins, let's attempt to keep the gallerys and discussion to those particular vehicles.
The reason the Holden gallery exists is due to buzz about it being released in the States under the El Camino badge.
Granted, the Brat and the Baja may be car/truck hybrids, they are beyond the scope and focus of El Camino Central.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand what you're saying, and based on that I would say "Concepts" would be the way to go. It does give an opportunity for more pictures in the gallery, which is what I was going for in the first place.
With the title "Concepts", it also opens the category to pictures of old concepts, like the ones in The El Camino ''Mysterias'' article submitted by 87SS i was just reading.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Your wish is my command. Upload away!!!

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
bigpat1802 said:
The El Camino is one of a kind! Holden, what's that? J/K
If we allow Holdens on here why don't we just add the old Subaru things on here, forgot what they're called but look like a Holden!
bigpat;

On one hand I agree with you, but on the other would you stop GM from bringing back the Chevelle ? Holden is a GM subsidary and until Lutz (sp?) gets a firm hold on development why not bring an Aussie car in. Where do you think the "new" Pontiac GTO is from...Holden!

·
Banned
881 Posts
On one hand I agree with you, but on the other would you stop GM from bringing back the Chevelle ? Holden is a GM subsidary and until Lutz (sp?) gets a firm hold on development why not bring an Aussie car in. Where do you think the "new" Pontiac GTO is from...Holden!
If Bob Lutz gets what he wants, Americans will not only be driving the new Pontiac GTO (Monaro) but we'll also be driving the Holden Ute rebadged as a Chevrolet El Camino in no time at all.

I can't wait. I want a UTEster SS.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's polite to ask before you take someone's pics (especially when you crop them out).

·
Registered
85 Posts
87SS said:
ASU: Which link are you referring to ?
I took the pictures of the Decoma Concept at SEMA, (with the exception of the one I'm in, my Dad took that one). It's not that I have an issue with them being used, it's that they were taken without permission and without credit.

Click Here

If you follow that link to my site, and scroll down to the Nov. 7th SEMA pictures you can see the Decoma concept, along with the SSR and the Grantelli Motorsports Ute SS.

No hard feelings to whomever swiped the photos, just make sure you ask & give credit next time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, my bad on that one! I coulda swore i gave credit where it was due pics but i checked back and guess not. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Just added source comments on your pics ASU. Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
87SS said:
ASU;

I checked your site, funny your avatar looks nothing like you! Sorry just yankin your chain :lol:
Bet you have no clue who "Jay & Silent Bob" are. :D

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Big hands, big personal website avatar...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts