El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently put a new fuel line in my 84 Elky while I was replacing the intake and exhaust and the pressure built up in my gas tank while my carb was un-hooked from the fuel line. This caused fuel to continuously drip and eventually stream onto the top of my intake and it seeped into my valve covers. I just changed the oil today and the 5 quarts of 5w-30 i recently put in had transformed into 8 quarts of oil/gas. I put new oil in the engine and was wondering if anything bad will happen because of the amount of gas that got into the block??? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Drain the oil,put in fresh oil,do a couple of oil changes should be fine,if it just ran in the intake into the pan should be fine,i would pull the plugs also and spin it over a few times, To answer your question,you did the right thing wayyyyy back in the daay we use to do a De sludge on fords with var sole and than change the oil and filter.
:beer:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
you changed the oil afterwards ,any left over gas would have evaperated soon after you fired it up. if you didnt run it with the gas in the oil you did no harm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts