El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are your gas prices going up?

About two weeks about gas was around 1.70 here for regular, right now the lowest i can find is 1.81, and some places are 1.90. I also went to a car show in a different town and the cheapest price there was 1.95

What the hell is going on? :mad:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Here in Georgia we're typically the lowest in the nation, so it's probably best that I don't say anything. Ah heck, $1.39 for reg., add .10 for each grade up...

·
Registered
481 Posts
can't complain too much here in indiana was a $1.51 for reg. yesterday

·
Registered
105 Posts
Around here (NC - RTP area) it's high $1.50's for regular most places. At least I'm not in Phoenix. I understand it passed $3.00 today because of that pipeline failure.

Hmmm - maybe I can use increasing gas prices to sell the wife on an upgrade to a Ram Jet engine for the improved mileage... I knew there was a silver lining in there somewhere... :D

On a different note - if you normally buy Shell gas, then you might want to look into the Shell Mastercard. 5% rebate on Shell gasoline, applied to future purchases. I think AAA also has a card that gives 5% for 'pay at the pump' purchases from any gas station (the merchant needs to use the correct transaction code on the purchase for it to work). I heard Exxon has one too, but it's only 1 or 2%. I use the Shell card, pay it up in full each month to avoid any interest. It doesn't save me much, but every little bit helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in Montana and prices for regular are approaching 2.00 a gallon. Which is about 60 cents a gallon more than normal. The real bugger about it is that we have 3 major oil refineries within 15 miles of us, Exxon, Conoco, and Cenex. Go figure. :?

Gregg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I saw on Fox News today that the sudden rise in gas prices are due to the northeast blackout last Thursday. Now, how in hades can an electrical blackout that lasted 24 hours impact gasoline prices nationwide? Any excuse to gouge the public will put extra profits in the oil industry's pocket!

·
Registered
137 Posts
In Phoenix the gas prices are incredibly high, and the stations are running out of gas... On the way home from school, I saw two closed stations, and one with a guys telling people to leave because they were out of gas... I have to fill up tomorrow.. And I'm expecting to pay upwards of $40-$50. It sucks so much.. becuase the gas line that feeds the Phoenix metro area broke... It sucks bad.. for me... A teenager with no money... :evil:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I remember when it was about 28 cents a gallon in 68 or so. I could fill up my Buick Electra 225 for under 20$. My friends 67 Hemi GTX used to get about 9mpg and we thought nothing of it. If you wanted economy you bought a new Beetle for under $2,000. :) Like they say...those were the good ol days

·
Registered
64 Posts
CHVYPWR said:
Hangin' right around $1.70gal here in SW Michigan. Those 3.73's I installed are killin' me!! 8O
That's about what it is here in NC. The low-grade (87) is $1.58 and I have to run 93 octane plus octane booster in my 402. And I also have 3.73's! 60 mph at a SOLID 3,000, if not more, is killing me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's times like these that I'm glad I only have my temps, therefore my Elky is used as a "family vehicle" (as in running errands with my mom or dad, because "gosh darnit I need to practice driving my own vehicle!" :p ) Gas around here is a whopping $1.82 last I saw, which was yesterday afternoon. And seeing as my Elky is used as a family vehicle, it's also getting gas paid for by none other than my father! (Who often insists that only the top grade gas be used in my truck, seeing as she IS the best vehicle in our driveway :D )

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Electrodynamic said:
CHVYPWR said:
Hangin' right around $1.70gal here in SW Michigan. Those 3.73's I installed are killin' me!! 8O
That's about what it is here in NC. The low-grade (87) is $1.58 and I have to run 93 octane plus octane booster in my 402. And I also have 3.73's! 60 mph at a SOLID 3,000, if not more, is killing me.
I feel your pain! :cry: Gas jumped up to 1.88 for reg, and 2.08 for prem. after my last post on this subject :evil: 60 @ 3000, and 4500 @ 85 8O :lol: I need overdrive!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
$1.79 for 87 octane here. It's amazing that everytime the oil companies have something to use as an excuse we pay. I can realistically see a small temporary increase in price because of lost sales and lost profits because of the blackout. But less face it, as soon as the power came back on I'm sure the people had to drive to the nearest station and fill up so wouldn't sales also temporarily increase at that point. As far as the pipeline out west, why did it take so long for it to be repaired? Did that pipeline carry fuel for all companies or just one? If only one then why the increase at all of them? The Federal, State and Local Governments need to step in. When the price of fuel increases they need to temporarily adjust their fuel tax, when you pay more per gallon, they also make more in sales tax. I live near Chicago, I can't believe how much a gallon costs there, it's about $.30 a gal more then what I pay and it's only 20 miles away. This is because of local taxes. I wonder how much the oil companies executives salaries have increased (and stock options) over the past few years compared to the rest of us. And they don't put any money back into the system either, thats why pipelines break!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts