El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For California members.

From the article ...

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- California's greenhouse gas reduction law already has shaken up the state's industrial sector, costing it more than $1.5 billion in pollution permit fees.

It's now poised to hit the pocketbooks of everyday Californians.

Starting next year, the law will force fuel distributors into the same cap-and-trade marketplace as utilities and major manufacturers. The oil industry says it will lead to price increases of at least 12 cents a gallon immediately, while state regulators say any price spikes could vary widely, from barely noticeable to double-digits.

My money is on the "double-digits."

Read the entire article here.

Copper

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Wow, I find it funny how some states are lowering prices (I think you mentioned possibly Missouri) and some states are Going up in price.

Thanks for the information:beer:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You May Have To Give Up Your Classic

Just wait, before long you wont be able to buy fuel. Or they will have a high sales tax or stricker regulations so you will be forced to drive an electric vehicle.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Gas prices

Gas here in South Carolina which is usually the lowest or close to it in the nation went from$2.05 to $2.36 in 1 week....Probably spring break prices,they always go up for any holiday week.....Hopefully they go down again next week....The prices change daily.....

·
Registered
445 Posts
I strip away the old debris
That hides a shining car
A brilliant red Barchetta
From a better vanished time
I fire up the willing engine
Responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel
I commit my weekly crime

·
Venerated Member
501 Posts
Yeah well...no offense to Europe...but you get what you ask for. Problem with that theorem is I never asked for Governor Moonbeam or the current resident of our White House...bith of which seem to have a plan to put the US and California in particular, into the same dire straits as our European brethren....:eek3:

Chris :driving:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,284 Posts
what really sucks,is,that I saw gas in Texas for 2.99 per Gallon,and out here,its 4.25...!:eek3:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
California will continue to Tax itself into the Toilet...

I left the Santa Barbara / Santa Maria area where I grew up back in 1981...I thought they were Nuts then! Sold off my electronics distribution company and never looked back...new owner moved the company to Nevada.

I know several manufactures that made everything from ultra high end chocolates to electrical power components that have jumped the border to get away from the Liberal Agenda!

At some point only the Very Wealthy and Welfare Types will live there...It's getting close now, as California is going broke from the burden...

Full circle, New York is the #2 state to do business in as they have created "Tax Free Zones" where companies can relocate or expand....Guess they finally "Get It" Business should Not pay taxes...The Employees and stockholders already do....Create jobs for taxpayers! They will buy stuff from others and eat at restaurant's and guess what? Those people will pay taxes and buy homes and the endless cycle begins!

But when you pull the money from the employer first....Nothing happens...Simple!

Liberals like to Tax the Business so that it does not hire "tax paying" employees, so that they can give Welfare to the unemployed:dontknow:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I know that the expensive petrol (Gasoline) in England is part of their "FREE" health care:bang head: Just where our present government wants us to go.:texas:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
California will continue to Tax itself into the Toilet...

At some point only the Very Wealthy and Welfare Types will live there...It's getting close now, as California is going broke from the burden...

Full circle, New York is the #2 state to do business in as they have created "Tax Free Zones" where companies can relocate or expand....Guess they finally "Get It" Business should Not pay taxes...The Employees and stockholders already do....Create jobs for taxpayers! They will buy stuff from others and eat at restaurant's and guess what? Those people will pay taxes and buy homes and the endless cycle begins!

But when you pull the money from the employer first....Nothing happens...Simple!
Codswallop,

California is sitting on its biggest budgetary surplus in a decade, going broke? BS!

The governor has called for a modest 8.5 percent increase from current spending, with $11 billion to pay off loans that papered-over previous deficits, and $1.6 billion in reserves, while increasing funds for schools, welfare and health care for the poor. He is resisting calls from the democrat controlled senate to increase spending further.

Some places have claimed a much higher surplus but I think those numbers are skewed badly.

Meanwhile in your tax heaven New York Cuomo has said the state will maintain a 2% cap spending (this matches inflation which is effectivly saying NO increase in spending) in coming years, which will eventually lead to a $2 billion surplus within three years.
However the state comptroller in new york , said that Budget division projections show gaps (otherwise known as deficits) totaling $1.5 billion in 2015-16, $2.2 billion in 2016-17, and $3.4 billion in 2017-18, if unspecified unproven savings from the 2 percent spending limit are excluded.

Yeah California gas is more expensive than most other places in the US, you know what, it always has been at least in my life, is it because of the smog laws here, yup no argument there we have these stupid blends for certain times of the year. There are enough problems here that we don't need to make up lies to make it worse.

Those of us that have lived here through the 60's and 70's remember when the sky looked more like Bejing than anyplace you've ever seen in America. The biggest reason? the Smog laws here.

LA in the 70's

·
Venerated Member
501 Posts
Kinda hard to tell whether you are serious about Uncle Jerry's claims of budget surplus...I hope that is all tongue in cheek. Creative bookeeping at it's finest...perhaps he is counting the federal high speed rails $$...and the money they "saved" using Chinese crane builders to build the newest portion of the bay bridge...which will now have to be rebuilt and will cost ...some as yet to be determined, no doubt obscenely over priced... total. I can't wait to retire and get the heck outta Dodge :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Kinda hard to tell whether you are serious about Uncle Jerry's claims of budget surplus...I hope that is all tongue in cheek. Creative bookeeping at it's finest...perhaps he is counting the federal high speed rails $$...and the money they "saved" using Chinese crane builders to build the newest portion of the bay bridge...which will now have to be rebuilt and will cost ...some as yet to be determined, no doubt obscenely over priced... total. I can't wait to retire and get the heck outta Dodge :)

Yeah that bridge stuff is messed up, stupid public works rules to take lowest bidder, easily avoided but cocked up anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't feel bad.......regular fuel is over $6 a gallon here on the west coast of British Columbia,Canada!!!I drive about 30 minutes every few weeks to cross the border into Blaine Washington to fuel up at $4.19 a gallon!!!!:nanawrench:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts