El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a used great condition lid. It has a broken fiberglass rain gutter. When I called Gaylord the new ones are rubber and they want $200 from me for a new one and they have to make it. I was wondering if anybody here did not install theirs and wants to sell it. I talked to my body guy about fixing it but I carry stuff and if it slides it will just break it again.
Thanks ,Tom

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm curious where yours is broken at? I had a Gaylord topper and gutter on when I got my '82 and never got a dent on it while carrying things. I'd say just slap some fiberglass on it and call it a day.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,921 Posts
Middle is broke and mounting screw areas from PO removing it.
Tom
Tom , For what it might be worth , I have had a Gaylord bed lid for years and love it . On the drip/rain trough I did drill and install some screws , sealed them to hold it up against the back wall of the bed/windshield area . It is high enough and my stuff never hits it . I could not bring myself to drill the sides where the trough sends the water to drain out through the bed wall . The water drains to the lower part and goes down the side of the bed and onto the floor of the bed . I have trimmed and covered the bed floor with Dri-Deck 12 in.X 12 in. snap together deck flooring like I used on my sailboats , purchased from West Marine . They sit up enough to allow the water to drain out the bottom of the tailgate and not wet stuff I have in the bed . I keep my jumper cables , extra coolant etc in zippered bags that stay up and dry . The rubber deck flooring is pricey but recently when I was visiting Skinyfisher , he has done the same but has found a similar brand for much cheaper .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts