El Camino Central Forum banner

Geezer will need help with the parking ...

5K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  DONE DEAL DONNY 
#1 ·
Hey Gator ( Glen) , I don't mind helping out with the parking and being the Mama Patrol for the day :poke: ... NOW Region 13 friends & neighbors , is there anybody willing to help me out with the parking on Saturday morning , I need 3 YOUNG BIG and STRONG Asst. Mama Patrols to help me out with directing traffic as they come in :poke: .... anybody up to volunteering for the morning ???? If your staying at the River Forest in Belton , I just might have some Brewski's for those 3 Volunteers who wanna help :beer: COLD & FREE ... Don't be bashful , Asst. Mama Patrol must be 21 or OLDER , just say I do :poke: , let me know if your available .... Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

#2 ·
Working on the Geezer's team, and post show suds??? What's not to love!:beer:

If you're the type of person that likes telling people where to go, this is your opportunity to use your God-given talent! We need your help to make Belton a success, so let us know if you're willing to serve. Thanks!:texas:

This could be you and the Geezer, after the show:

#3 ·
I darn sure ain't saying "I do", but I'ze be willin' ta help with the parking. AND, I passed 21 about 40 centuries ago. It wud sure snuff be a pleasure ta be wurkin' wit da ol' Geezer!!!!!:twisted:

Oh, and Glenn, I dun been tellin' peoples whar ta go fur a VERY long time!!!!!!

#9 ·
#12 · (Edited)
What a bunch of comedians , I ask for some decent help and all I get is a bunch of Bird Leg Scare Crows , except for 83 Elky , thanks Jerad .... I don't want no left over Christmas Help !!! I ought to change my offer to Near Beer or Root Beer instead :beer: .... I need people who can READ & WRITE and know how to POINT DA FINGER and NON-UNION !!! Hey Beep - Beep - Beepster , don't think for a minute you be sitting in da shade pretending to be a Stuper-visor and leaning up against a tree wearing your Highway Patrol Sunglasses looking cute having your warm milk and cookies !!! Before you report to work you best take your Water Break , your Pee-Pee Break your Sit Down Dreak and Depends Break , because your supposed to do this stuff on your own time , not on the company's time , you heeya Beepster !!! now can I depend on few more of you over 21er's to Man Up to the Bar and help the Geezer's Crew re-direct the traffic for a good cause and to serve your country ??? Now Don't be Bashful , I'm an Equal Opporunity Employer :beer: .... See ya in Belton Town , The Geezer has spoken :nanawrench:

#15 ·
LOLOL NOW, dat hasta be da funniest post I eber did reed!!!!! Ya dun "spoken"??? Whatcha hab ta sais???? Oh, this is gonna be some of the bestus times I've had since I helped put a VW on top of the HS roof. Oh, and I ain't wurried about a pee break, ya gots a dry pocket, doncha?????:You_Rock:

Terry, I like many others won't mind helping you out with the cooking. You need some time away from the burning fires of Hell, same as everyone else. Just 'cause those fires are cooking our meals don't mean ya don't get a break, or is that brake??? Terry, ya be another I REALLY want to meet!!!!

#14 ·
Richard, I will make you a "deal"...when I get there, (I'll be coming down with the DFW train to Belton) I WILL GLADLY jump in and help you with the parking IF you will give me a hand with the cooking throughout the day. I will only need you to cover for me when I need a break to spend a little bit of time with my family-a few minutes at a time would be a great help to me!! Let me know! :beer:

#16 · (Edited)
:You_Rock: Ms. Terry , you got it Young Lady !!!! I'd be glad to hep you out :poke: ... I was just having fun and trying to M-O-T-I-V-A-T-E the Rank & File Members and get Old Beepster all excited , that we all need to pitch in to make this Great El Camino Show & Shoot-out a Big Success because other Regions will be watching us the way we run this show :texas:..... I know these great guys will come thru :You_Rock: , so we all can leave at the same time to get on down to the drag strip and have some more fun :beer: and the offer is still on , those Good Guys who help out and is staying at the River Forest Inn in Belton OR who wants to come on by , I got the Ice Chest & the Brewski's :beer: so we all can sit down and Relax , have a few Cold Brewski's and Talk Big and talk about what a Damn good time we all had that day :poke: ... hope to see ya soon Ms. Terry in Wacko at the truck stop on the 15th if everything goes as I have it planned and NO RAIN :dontknow: .... Hey Beepster , if you stay out in the sun with us your milk will stay warm so you can have your Warm Milk and Cookies while your working .... Thanks the Geezer has spoken :nanawrench:

#18 ·
:You_Rock: Ms. Terry , you got it Young Lady !!!! I'd be glad to hep you out :poke: ... I was just having fun and trying to M-O-T-I-V-A-T-E the Rank & File Members and get Old Beepster all excited , that we all need to pitch in to make this Great El Camino Show & Shoot-out a Big Success because other Regions will be watching us the way we run this show :texas:..... I know these great guys will come thru :You_Rock: , so we all can leave at the same time to get on down to the drag strip and have some more fun :beer: and the offer is still on , those Good Guys who help out and is staying at the River Forest Inn in Belton OR who wants to come on by , I got the Ice Chest & the Brewski's :beer: so we all can sit down and Relax , have a few Cold Brewski's and Talk Big and talk about what a Damn good time we all had that day :poke: ... hope to see ya soon Ms. Terry in Wacko at the truck stop on the 15th if everything goes as I have it planned and NO RAIN :dontknow: .... Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

Richard, Looking forward to the 15th! I'll be getting Carlos back from Mr & Mrs Fixitman! on the 14th, so you'll get the honor of being the FIRST member to see the new and improved Carlos!! I'll be doing my happy, NO rain dance for that weekend!
I like the idea of everyone pulling together and helping with the "take down" part of the show before we all head over to the track. We can do this!! It's going to be a fantastic event! Talk to you soon! :beer:

#17 ·
Terry, I like many others won't mind helping you out with the cooking. You need some time away from the burning fires of Hell, same as everyone else. Just 'cause those fires are cooking our meals don't mean ya don't get a break, or is that brake??? Terry, ya be another I REALLY want to meet!!!![/QUOTE]

I can't wait to meet you, too Bruce! I feel as if we're friends already! You won't be able to miss me---I'll be the fat old lady sweating all over the hot dogs during the day, and the one beating all of the boys at the track later that night!!! :poke:I will gladly accept your offer of helping with the burning of the dogs!! Thank you! :You_Rock:

#19 · (Edited)
Hey Beepster Most Venerable Geezer Beepster, where is you :dontknow: ??? are you OK :dontknow: ??? did I get you all WORKED UP AND SOAPY ALL OVER just thinking about coming down to Belton Town working with me and HUBBA - HUBBA Terry ??? SHAKE & BAKE BROTHER BEEPSTER and Let us know your OK , we be counting on ya :texas: Just try and remember back in the day , when you and Moses and Medusa :You_Rock: used to go out and JAM ALL NITE :beer: .... thats the way its gonna be in Belton Town Brother Beepster , and don't forget your GERITOL :inlove: if you do , I guess I can loan you some of mine :poke: .... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench:

#20 ·
Well Ms. Terry , it looks like we got 83 Elky SS ( Jared ) , Beepster ( Bruce ) , me (Geezer) and " the Young Lady from Wacko " yourself Ms. Terry so far :poke: helping with the parking & directing traffic and helping you out with the Tube Steak cooking too :beer: ... if we could get two more anxious members :dontknow: to help out with the parking lot duty , we be good all the way around , whats you think ??? Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: :nanawrench:

#21 ·
Ri - Chard, son and I have been wurkin' on my Elky yesterday and today. Took off an Eiand intake and Edelbrock carb to be replaced with an Edelbrock RPM Q-Jet intake and a Q-Jet frum da infamous Mountain Man. I wasn't expecting the long bolts in the front of the Q-Jet, so it took a while to get the proper length bolts. Took the inline filter out from the fuel pump to the carb (carb has it's filter), and put it between the inline and fuel pump. Now, it starts when the engine is hot without all the missing and misfiring due to fuel boiling. I'll let ya know later just how it scats!!!!:poke:

#22 ·
Hey Beep - Beep , Beepster , most Venerable One , glad to hear your keeping busy and occupying your mind these days :texas: , like they say Idle Hands Are The Tools Of The Devil , Amen Brother Beepster :You_Rock: .... I had the see thru filter getting hot on me and I wrapped a small piece of A/C insulation around the filter and guess what :dontknow: No Mo hot gas ..... keep us informed my son :poke: .... Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench: :nanawrench:

#23 ·
Took it yesterday to get a haircut (actually, several). She was overly busy, so was gonna go back home and come back later. Well, wouldn't start, and engine was HOT!! Guess what the trouble was? Choke was locked down. Now, it had ran fine to the barber shop, then, wham! the choke was full on. Took a twister knob off a valve cover bolt and locked the choke open. Messed with it until I got thoroughly disgusted and quit. Was at hospital with wifie most of today, but checked the choke when I got back. As hot as it was under the hood, it was on full choke. It shouldn't be, as chokes, for best adjustment, barely close at 68-70*. It'll be late tomorrow afternoon before I can get back to it, as it's back to the hospital to hopefully bring wifie home. That isn't certain yet. I'm gonna check the 12V right off the bat next (with ignition on). I hope I don't have a bad choke. Everything else about the carb has worked fine. Continue the saga tomorrow, IF I get to it.

#24 ·
Hey Beepster , you give your lovely Bride a Big Howdy from the Wild Bunch and from the Geezer ... I hope she come home safe and sound , OK .... You got a lot of prayers and good thoughts coming your way from the Geezer's Home in San Antonio going your way , You Hea Beepster :texas: ... Keep in touch , Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench: :nanawrench:

#25 · (Edited)
I do believe this is the idea the old geezer has in mind on what the parking should look like...

but his idea could be like this....

... I mean he is OLD right...Rofl
Just joining the fun :poke:geezer... can't wait for Belton...:beer:

#27 ·
Thanks everyone. She's home and doing well. Pretty much "back to her old self" as the saying goes.

With the Elky, the choke is locked wide open, so not having much of a problem except when first starting up. Will probably splice a wire into the line and directly wire to an open "ign" spot on the fuse panel. Will let everyone know, probably tomorrow.

AND ALL OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T REGISTERED FOR BELTON, GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND DUIT!!!!:poke:

#28 ·
He Beep- Beep Beepster , tell us your secret my son :secret: how do you do it ??? how do you work on your Camino and DUNK your COOKIES in your WARM MILK at the same time :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: how do you do it ??? that must be God Given Talent you gots there :beer: .... keep us informed Older Geezer than me Beepster :You_Rock: my brother .... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench: P.S. Hey Jared , I ain't offended I know your just funnin with me ... its the Beepster you gotta look out for ...

#29 ·
Well, all things didn't go well. Wife will be going back into the hospital tomorrow morning for more surgery. Seems they didn't get all the cancer, as what's left appears to be in the skin. There will be a plastic surgeon in attendance for a while to oversee some of it, but will be back on Thursday to really do some checking in case there has to be skin grafts. Her primary surgeon said to expect to be in the hospital about a week, if not longer. After all this is over, then she has to start radiation treatments for six months. Not a happy household right now.:unhappy::unhappy:

#31 ·
Hey Beepster , so sorry to hear about your wife ... you and your lovely wife are in our Thoughts and prayers from the Geezer household , just tell for us she ain't by-herself OK ... Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

#32 ·
Well, she went thru the surgery this morning, and they still didn't get all of the cancer. The cancer that's remaining is skin cancer, and her doctor took as much out as she felt comfortable in doing. A plastic surgeon look in, and will double check her tomorrow and attend another operation on Thursday. The plastic surgeon is probably take skin from her stomach to cover the places where skin has been removed. She'll be there for a least a week. :unhappy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.