El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm a new Gen 1 1960 El Camino owner. As the car is in transit to me I have only a vauge idea of what I'm up against. Be that as it may.. I'm deciding whether I want to to a frame up resto, but what I would like to know before time is:
Are there any wiring diagrams available ? Also does anyone know if there are any shop manuals for a 1960 or can I assume that a '60 impala would suffice ? Any help and pointers to web sites for parts would also be appreciated.... The FUN begins... :cool:

Many Thanks!!!!

DrVax

·
Registered
123 Posts
1960 El Camino

WELCOME drvax, 1st I'd like to say you have Great Taste in Car's! :D I myself have a 59' El Camino :cool: & LOVE it! :p All question's that you will have on your New Toy can be answered here! 8O This site has helped me alot...as for the Wireing Diagram, go to ebay & search for 1960 El Camino & you can Pay Now for the ORIGIONAL SHOP MANUAL & ASSEMBLY MANUAL that GM put out just for the 1960 El Camino! I got both of them book's for my 59' & that was the BEST Money I have ever spent, except for the 59' Elky itself! They also have HARD TO FIND part's on there as well. Also, go to www.elcaminostore.com & you can get "EVERYTHING" for your 60' Elky! Those Book's I'm telling you about have the Factory Wire Diagram's for your 60'. So, HAPPY BUILDING & Post Pic's on the Member's page so the rest of us can DROUL over your TREASURE!!! Take Care & DRIVE SAFE..."SKULL"

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Welcome!!!

Here are the 1st Gen wiring diagrams

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good luck on the Gen 1 - I've always dreamed of restoring a '59 or '60, but I couldn't afford the divorce attorney that would invariably come with it.

I also strongly recomend the El Camino Store. They're good guys & easy to talk with, especially if you're on west coast time - I invested in a set of shop manuals too, it's full of good stuff, and makes for great reading.

How bout a picture once it arrives? Have fun...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the kind welcome. I did go buy those books as was suggested. Now another question. Would it be safe to assume that the dash, windshield and front clip are the same as a '60 impala. Just wondering if I can also use some of those parts if need be. Also has anyone done the disc brake upgrade on the front end. I'm going to try and take the body off and re-do the chassis, so I might as well do it then.. I guess I should start asking all these questions in another forume tho.. I'll post pics when I get the car..

Ya, my wife was NOT to happy when I told her I was getting the car... 8O Time heels all wounds.. I hope.... I also wanted a '59, so maybe for my next one... :cool:

Thanks!
/joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts