El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tropical storm Issac is already effecting oil and gas production and refining in the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf of Mexico accounts for 23% of US crude oil production and 7% of natural gas. 9% of oil production has already been shutdown.

Closings have also been announced for two refineries with a combined refining capacity of 570,000 barrels a day. A refinery explosion over the weekend in Venezuela's largest refinery, Amuay, with a capacity of 640,000, will also constrict supply.

More details here, but I think it is safe to say the price of gasoline is going to go up even more.

Just yesterday I paid 4.17 a gallon for premium, and Thursday I paid 3.87 (if I remember correctly) for regular. I put $78 worth of gas (premium) in the Lincoln and it still had about a third of a tank of gas. Ouch ...

Copper

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
They use any excuse to raise the prices and they go up quick.

But come down real slow.

When I moved to Florida in July '08 I was paying 3.85-4.10 a gallon for regular.

Dont remember what the disaster was then, probably tornados.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that was when the Lybia civil war was going on. But by the end of the year gas was down below $2.00 a gallon. Unfortunately it has been on a steady climb back since.

Here is a chart of the retail price of gas over the last eight years, but you can pick any time frame you like from the selections over the chart.

Copper

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fox news is reporting that approximately another 500,000 barrels a day of refining capacity has been taken off-line. More than half of Louisiana's 2 million barrels a day of refining capacity is now shutdown.

Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for the Oil Price Information Service is predicting that we will see a quick $0.10 rise in prices then a easing one to two weeks after Isaac passes.

Copper

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..Yeah,I saw the new warning sign that they put up around in that region of aera....
:poke:

...Yes,Its true..:dontknow:

:beer:

Follow the instructions and you too could become famous.

Copper

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of today, August 28, 2012, 78% of oil and gas production in the Gulf of Mexico is off-line according to Rigzone.

The good news is no significant damage from the storm is expected.

Copper

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Tropical storm Issac is already effecting oil and gas production and refining in the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf of Mexico accounts for 23% of US crude oil production and 7% of natural gas. 9% of oil production has already been shutdown.

Closings have also been announced for two refineries with a combined refining capacity of 570,000 barrels a day. A refinery explosion over the weekend in Venezuela's largest refinery, Amuay, with a capacity of 640,000, will also constrict supply.

More details here, but I think it is safe to say the price of gasoline is going to go up even more.

Just yesterday I paid 4.17 a gallon for premium, and Thursday I paid 3.87 (if I remember correctly) for regular. I put $78 worth of gas (premium) in the Lincoln and it still had about a third of a tank of gas. Ouch ...

Copper

It's that price for the low grade here 4.17 yesterday.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's that price for the low grade here 4.17 yesterday.

We're all proud of you Californian's. Seems everyone there wants to ban the internal combustion engine (see Ed Begley Jr.) and what better way than price them out of the market.

That's putting your money where your mouth is. :poke:

Copper

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
We're all proud of you Californian's. Seems everyone there wants to ban the internal combustion engine (see Ed Begley Jr.) and what better way than price them out of the market.

That's putting your money where your mouth is. :poke:

Copper
I have no problem with electric cars you never hear them coming when they run you over silent death. Electric isn't going to work you can't even turn your home air without some brownout. What happens when everybody plugs in their car RIGHT!! Just think more electricity means more coal more dams poor salmon got to move it trains planes and automobiles could go back to odd even days to charge up. Don't forget now your top teer on your electric bill the first time you plug it in and it never goes down. It's loose loose you can't win. no reason to even try at that level just do the best you can for the next money hungry generation their learning now from their parents.:dontknow: What a shame.:poke

I'm not saying everybody.
[/COLOR

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
$4.39 FOR 91 OCTANE :nanawrench: YESTERDAY

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Report back what you find today. I makes me feel a little better that others are in worse shape than me. :poke:

Copper
Looks like their trying to keep their promise of $5.00 G. before summer is over.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
3.59 here in T-town Tennessee for reg, 3.89 for premium, 3.99 for premium with no ethenol.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Not too bad here near Tampa. I paid 3.59 for regular for my tractor. Premium is 3.99. Thieves!:secret:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts