El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
i live in houston too. i will also be willing to drive to austin or dallas to meet, if there are any meets up there?? i know theres super chevy show at baytown this weekend. im about to head down there right now. and every weekend in the woodlands theres a show. pm me to get directions if anyones interested. we need more elky's a the show in the woodlands.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i went up to the show in the woodlands yesterday, i did not take my elky though i usually don't take it up there b/c shes not ready for a car show yet. i might bring it out next weekend up to the show i dont park inside the show though. all the imports started going up there from houston i dont like it at all but they just won't leave. hope to see your elky at the show next weekend or sometime soon. it's funny listening to the imports talking about racing and trying to make fun of domestics they will never learn.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found another saturday night street meeting place i like alot better no trailer queens or Ricers. Just down to earth people with cars they love and are working on. It is on Woodforest at Normandy (on the eastside of town) in the Kroger parking lot they usually get there starting at 7 or so.

·
Registered
64 Posts
oh that sounds good i might cruise up there next weekend. how many people usually show up there? me and my friend might cruise up next weekend we will be in his car though "The Quist" (my car's nickname) isnt show quality yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try the Sams at highway 6 and I-10 on Saturday nights. They usually have a pretty good turnout

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gosh am i the only person who lives in SA? i mean i dont even have my license and how am i supposed to meet up with u when my camino dont even run?

·
Director Region 13 (TX) Emeritus
601 Posts
Possible get togeather

Alright, you all here is our chance to meet and the location is about half way between Dallas and Houston. There is a really outstanding car show the 25th of October in Killeen, Texas Killeen is just outside of Fort Hood on Hyw 190 just east of I 35 west of Belton. Easy to get to. The show is on the campus of Central Texas Collage, It is put on by the central Texas Rodders and the past few years has been a great event. These people have a great deal of respect for our type of car. If you come I'm sure you will enjoy the event, food, door prizes, awards, the $20.00 entry fee goes to support the scholorship fund of the collage. we usually have a couple of El Caminos but it would be real nice to have a few more. It is time we made our presence known. Time of the show is from 0800 to 3:00 PM . :D Harald

·
Director Region 13 (TX) Emeritus
601 Posts
It would be worth the trip

If you can make it down I think you would find the trip worth it. They have had a very good turn out in the past all kinds of cars some outstanding and some not so outstanding but all loved by their owners. Always a very friendly crowd. Nice location paved lot plenty of spectators. The show averages about 110 to 150 cars depending on weather and what else is going on in the area. like I said El Caminos are always an attraction sense they are done in a variaty of styles stock, custom mild and radical. But one things for sure they are more than just a truck. Come out and have a good time. Hope to see a number of El Caminos show up. :D Harald

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
I'll attempt to be there, will depend on if I have work to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
getting together

its a bad thing that i found this site now, i have been wanting to get with other el camino owners and now that i am in iraq, i have to wait at least 6 months before i come home and have a chance to meet up.
'77 elky SS all original except motor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts