El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After staring at this empty bay in my garage I was just wondering how her maiden cruise with her new owner worked out? Maybe it's post-partum depression.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
First cruise in was ok but not great. Ginger did great but Lakeland 1st friday is cramped and not that many cars there. Had a good time b.s.ing with Ed though.

Tonight was a cruise in in downtown Winter Haven. There were about 120 cars, most really nice. Ginger got a lot of attention without me having to sand her down and paint primer spots. (inside joke from super chevy). Lots of room to park, a total of 6 Elkies there. 2-2nd gen, 2-3rd gen, 1-4th gen and 1-5th gen.

Passed out 6 NECOA flyers. Really good time, Ed scored us shaded parking.:beer:

On the way home I tested out stoplight leaving from a dead stop. Holy rubber smoke Batman, Ginger is a tire fryer.:nanawrench:

All in all, very good 1st weekend with my red headed mistress.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told you she leaves very hard and straight. It's nice to know she is now alive and having fun.:beer:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Got my new wheels today.

The fronts came mounted and balanced.

Attachments

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sean, nice wheels. What size and offset did you use in rear?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
They are 15x7 all the way around.

1/2" back spacing.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Looks like it's time for a brake upgrade. Converted my 64 fronts last year and what a difference. Went with a package from MBM brakes and it was easy peasy. The only problem I ran into is I'm running 215-50ZR17 up front with a little more than a 2 inch drop and the tires rubbed a little when cranked. Most kits offset the wheels out. I was able to find a company that can plane down the back of the mag wheel hub,they took of about 3 millimeters off and have'nt had aproblem since.
2X on the dash insert replacement. The 64 is much nicer, all chrome and it will match the one over the glove compartment. I've seen new ones on Ebay for a reasonable price.
Good luck and I like the name for I'm a ginger too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Brake conversion, drop and offset.

...Converted my 64 fronts last year and what a difference. Went with a package from MBM brakes ... up front with a little more than a 2 inch drop and the tires rubbed a little when cranked. Most kits offset the wheels out. I was able to find a company that can plane down the back of the mag wheel hub,they took of about 3 millimeters off and have'nt had aproblem since.

Good luck and I like the name for I'm a ginger too.
Dangit, I'm hijacking another thread. I'm sorry SS! Harledude, I was planning a two inch drop and a disc brake conversion. Nearly all of the conversion kit's I've looked at state they "offset the wheel by 3/8"". That is substantially greater than 3 millimeters. I was realy planning on keeping these rare centerline wheels. If I go with the stock height spindles will I avoid this issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ok, new wheels are on.

Heres pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Just got back from burger king Lakeland Cruisers show.

Gingers 1st trophy. Best of Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nanawrench:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Way to go, Sean! Did you find the dash bezel you want? :beer:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Thanks, yep got the bezel and am trimming it for stereo installation.

Last night the local guy that insults everything that aint his was walking around her and said this looks just like my old one.

Then eyeing the 283 emblem on the fender says I bet mine would have beat it though.

He sure was staring when I fired her up and idled lumpity lumpity out of the parking lot after the show.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts