El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your thinking about buying parts from these guys from BOWDEN GEORGIA ----Read ON --Their parts are described as "Fits all 78-78 El Camino's. Bought a guaranteed part only to find it did not fit "SOME MODELS" Refused to answer emails--the only one they answered was to inform me they did not give refunds and if they do its a 25% restocking FEE--as it was the part was overprised and the email badly worded and in my opion---VERY VERY POOR customer SERVICE------ SUPER BAD MOJO HERE---I will never buy again from them !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I bought a few pieces from them, and they were as advertised or better. I placed my order via their website, so I didn't have a need for customer service. I'm always skeptical of any seller's claim of 'fit' though; I've seen way too many catalogs (especially when searching for Buick GS parts and the vendor started life as a Chevelle supplier) list parts that fit 'all' but don't really. What did you buy?
Patrick

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
This is not the first time I've heard this. Prices seem high on some stuff to begin with....then shipping to Canada practically triples in cost.

I considered having a 78-81 tach bracket shipped up...as I was out at the time. Part was priced resonable at $35....shipping would have be $37. I've had alot of parts shipped up including complete clusters for that kind of shipping cost.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I'm surprised you don't have a mailbox just across the line, like in Sumas or Lynden. you could have shipped there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bought from them one time. They sent me wrong part wanted me to pay return shipping. NEVER AGAIN no customer service

·
Registered
531 Posts
Don't get me started... I have been watching this guy rip off people on eBay for years. Used parts that are rusty or broken are listed cheap - then the shipping is triple the amount that it actually costs. Read his return policy for more good news.
Here is a good example of his tactics:http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEADLIGHT-BEZELS-NEW-81-EL-CAMINO-MALIBU-CABALLERO-11U44K-/151661945737?hash=item234fc1a389
I refuse to buy anything from a person that blatantly overcharges to make a huge profit, and as soon as I see that he is the seller, I bypass the listing.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Gentlemen, thank you for the "heads up" about this vendor.

:goodjob:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Wow, guess I got lucky then. I did think shipping could've been cheaper, but I couldn't have gone anywhere to get them for less. I will be more hesitant now to deal with them.
Patrick

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Guess I got lucky too. Without going through all my records I would guess that I have purchased 10 or 12 items from them and yes, the prices and shipping might have been a bit on the high side but the quality was always as described. Drive shaft, rear frame horn, automatic shifter bushings to name a few. I'm surprised. :eek3:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I Pass On Shipping

I like that free shipping option button. I pass on shipping charges, I feel some times the cost of shipping is over charge. Example buy a key for 3.00 dollars but, 5.00 shipping. that can be put in a mail envelope for a buck 50

·
Elkybuick
2,811 Posts
I have bought several things from them and found some to be expensive and shipping also on some things but could not find the item anywhere else. I bought a head liner from them used for 50 and put it in the car after a little clean up and looks great. I have a friend that lives in the area he picked it up for me. they have always worked with me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts