El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
THIS IS A 1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL, PROFESSIONALY BUILT INTO A 1978 EL CAMINO, ALL LINES MATCH,THIS IS NOT AN EL CAMINO WITH A BUICK GR NATIONAL NOSE, IT IS A COMPLETE 1987 GR NATIONAL EXCEPT FOR EL CAMINO INSERT. REGISTERED AS A 1978 EL CAMINO,
Vin is 78 El Camino 1W80V8D491988

I would think if it were really an 87 GN it would be registered as such and have the correct Vin.

EXCEPT FOR EL CAMINO INSERT
Yea, what ever.

Regardless, nice anyway.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
It doesn't look to be the same car in some of the pics. Look at the front suspension. In two of the pics, there are no jounce bars. Then all of a sudden, one appears. The tires are different too. Something doesn't pass the smell test. Why would you cut up a GN to add a camino bed, when adding a front clip with doors would be easier? I'll stay with the Grand Camino if I were to choose one of these hybrids.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
good eyes there, Jarhead....I didn't see headers in some of the pics either

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
What's the deal with the leaf springs???
Didn't catch the leafs or the headers. What about the traction bars attached to the leafs. They don't show in any other view. Oh well.. looks like someone bought a nice looking rats nest

·
Registered
589 Posts
Some photos seem to be when it was a Chevy, meaning with a chevy motor. You can see the chevy motor mount in one shot, and header tubes in another, all scrubby looking, of course. ($18000? some people live in la-la land) Leaf springs on a G-body? I don't think so. That even rules out before and after photos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts