El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was so excited as I finally got a Goodmark SS hood I ordered awhile back. I opened the box to check it out only to find another box inside. My heart immediatly sank into my stomach as I reconized the strange light color of the box within. It's Taiwan made(I guess they use a differant kind of mixture to make thier cardboard so it stands right out).

I was kinda pi$$ed cause no where in any advertising or product descriptions does it say that they sell repackaged foreign made parts. Has anyone had this experiance? Will the hood bolt on and fit well? It's the steel SS hood for 70-72's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Goodmark Hood

I have bought two Goodmark Hoods,one for my 87 EC,and one for my 85 MC SS and they fit perfect.
There was only the one box for each of these,no box in a box.
I haven't heard any thing about the 70-72 style. I hope yours fit as well as mine.
Terry

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
ColdBastrd said:
I was kinda pi$$ed cause no where in any advertising or product descriptions does it say that they sell repackaged foreign made parts.
Yes, they are stamped overseas...but with the original Goodmark tooling. You should have no problems with fit. There quality control is still better than anyone else. :cool:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Got mine for my 78 last month. Yes it was a good mark and yes it has a tywan but it fit perfect. Looks great and you can see it in the members cars section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts