1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Sit on it, make sure to keep the taxs paid up (should be cheap)
Then sell, sell, sell!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Depends on where it is. Make sure you actually have the title to the land, not just some promise from a current boyfriend who is trying to impress a woman.

Then, it will depend on where it is.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,603 Posts
I agree with Mike and Donny . First , find out as much as you can about the land and the adjacent area . A title search will cost something but will show the legal history and if there is any owed money , leins , encumbrences or deeds restrictions on it . See if there is anything that needs to be done to make your title of ownership and right of conveyance squeaky clean . Once you know what you have , you can begin to dream about what you want to do . Congradulations and good luck with it .

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
It would depend also on if you want to stay there where it gets cold and that white stuff keeps piling up and you can't get your elky out and then have to deal with rust and stuff or if you want to live where the white stuff comes in small amounts and you can drive all year and it is warmer.:nanawrench:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Put a mobile home they build them nice and sturdy now. Get a Double wide AND IF YOU TAKE OFF THE WHEELES IT'S CONSIDERED A HOME AND YOU CAN USE IT ON YOUR TAXES. If you ever need to get out of town quick for some reason you can disappear overnight.:poke:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
How about a Conex house.

·
Registered
298 Posts
so im 17 and my moms boyfriend gave me a free acre of land im not sure what to do with it haha put a house on it or a small garage? how much would it cost to build a house i really like this plan http://www.drummondhouseplans.com/house-plan-detail/info/1001558.html but im not sure haha im only 17 i just want some advice what i should do
save your money and get a cabin kit built on it ... even a small one will worth the equity ... especially if you can learn to finish it yourself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts