El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took my 83 el camino conquista to get a new windowshield and now its leaking tranny fluid dont know why that would happen any clues

·
932 Posts
Makes no sense to have issues with a tranny after having a window replaced unless some one took your EC out and rat bagged it , any idea where it is leaking from ? There is the chance itis just a coincidence also ,like most older vehicles you fix one thing and something else goes.

·
Premium Member
12,122 Posts
Looks like you are gonna have to crawl under there & see just where it's leaking. Hopefully it's not the front seal......
Maybe just a pan gasket. If it is, check the pan bolts for torque....no big deal to change the gasket ( and oil & filter),, it's just messy if you haven't done it.
The rear seal, at the drive shaft yoke isn't too bad a job either, but you have to remove the drive shaft, which is also quite easy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
agreed with every one, there is no way installing a windshield could possible harm your transmission. unless you take into consideration the extreme factors, (they back over something, took for a joy ride, burnouts in the the shop ECT :twisted:) it may not even be your transmission. might be your toruqe convertor gone bad. just going to have to crawl under here and see were its coming from, tail shaft, front shaft, or tyranny pan. So get on under there and let us know were its leaking from. :poke:, we will be right here in the lawn chairs with a beer waiting for more information :p :beer:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it looks like its the front main seal =( is it a th350 in the conquista 305? found a rebuilt one for 400 and was thinking if i got to pay someone to drop the tranny might as well have them swap it out while its removed....... what ya'll think:secret:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts