El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got er back on the road. i had a friend help me rebuild my th350, and i got it put back in yesterday. shes been sitting for about a month and it was soo nice to get to drive her agin :nanawrench:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,314 Posts
Glad to hear it's back on the road !! :beer:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Jess,, what diid you use to press the clutch drums and specail tools?? Did you have them or did you buy them?? I am planning on doing my 350 turbo this year,, Thanks matty man

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the guy that helped me had them. one looked like a long piece of allthread and had a fixed in and the other srewed on by hand and compressed it just enought to remove the clips. the other tool he had i will try to descibe. it had a hole on the bottom plate to alow the input shaft to slide through. once it sat there it had arms on each side that went vertical. and one arm that came across to connect the two vertical arms(it had a locking unit so once compressed you had your hands free to take the clip out). in the center it had two pieces that went into the forward drum to compress that clutch. i hope this wasnt too confusing. i dont know where you find such tools. i just got really lucky

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
:whaasup:Rebuilt my 1st automatic when I was 16 without ever seeing the insides, no instructions,no trans specific tools. Lasted for years of abuse.
Never say never. Well, almost never.:laugh:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya it wasnt difficult. the thought of doing it was far worse than doing it. just remember to check everything. mine had a bad bushing on the input shaft and one somewhere else. i cant quite recall. and the steels and the friction plates go in as they came out. lol simple huh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts