El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered a set of brand new doors for my 85 elco man are these some nice stampings
i bought them from a place called ground up inc. real cool people

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Are they "GoodMark"? Wondering if more than one company is making them or they're just vendors for one manufacturer. Price seems to be about the same. So then the only other consideration would be shipping cost. But then just find the closest, most reliable vendor and compare.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they cost me $1044 total not sure if they offer the 86 87 doors

there not ''goodmark'' because i goodmark doors were on a 2 month back order the company i got these from has them in stock took 4 days to ship

·
2,566 Posts
That doesn't mean they're not goodmark doors. Maybe this company just still had stock left. Any stampings or labels on the doors?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
2X on looking at the fit when they're hung. Not all after market doors are equal, thank goodness.
I just had a BIG issue w/ after market doors I bought for a C-10 pickup. I would have been better off to put new skin on the old shells.

Keep us posted and Good luck

·
2,566 Posts
2X on looking at the fit when they're hung. Not all after market doors are equal, thank goodness.
I just had a BIG issue w/ after market doors I bought for a C-10 pickup. I would have been better off to put new skin on the old shells.

Keep us posted and Good luck
The one good thing about doors is that you have many adjustments. The door to hinge can move the door up, down, in or out. The hinge to post can move the door forward, back, tilt forward or tilt rearward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts