El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the front of the grand national would bolt on with no major mods??? and would i have to take the front of an 85' grand national to fit on my 85' Elky?? and how hard would it be to find a grand national motor for sale??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the links i already saw that one thats what made me want to do it.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
There's an e-mail link for Tom Keith, the owner of the black GN/Elky conversion. E-mail him and ask him about the bolt-up. His Elky, IMHO, is one of the nicest conversions I've seen. I like the overall look of his using most of the GN parts on his Elky, I also like his going with black as that's how I envision the GNs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right off the top of my head i know that the Buick front end is about 2 or 3 inches wider than the Chevy, the bumper and header panel need to be narrowed. The Buick fenders are a weird two piece design with an outer skin and an inner support, the El Camino is one piece. I think the problem lies in how to attach the Buick fender to the Chevy body, maybe you can weld up buick brackets on the Chevy. I would imagine some fabrication is needed on the radiator support as well, but you can keep yours. The good thing is that you can butcher up any old Regal from 84 - 87 for the fenders and bumper, readily avaiable at any junkyard. You will also need a gas tank out of a 4.3 EFI El Camino for the baffles to get the damn thing running. By the way, call Speedway Automotive for a motor, 602-276-0090. And search at www.turbobuicks.com for questions about the GN and for parts as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts