El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly exited over my purchase of a 78 el camino from my neibor for 250$!. The paint is not in the best shape, and neither is the interior. It is th v6, but i just happen to have a strong 6k mile 305 w/ rochester 4bbl sitting in my garage. She has one fender beat to heck, but the damage is contained within it. The rest of the body is straight next to some bondo work on the tailgate. My old man has access to some paint booths, so the paint should cost me too much.

I think i read somewhere that i will have to move the mounts to the forward most slot. Does anyone know any tricks for not loosing the nut in that enclosure?

Thx all

·
Banned
881 Posts
Welcome to ECC/NECOA Byron!

Congratulations on your new El Camino. Get some pictures posted so we can see what kind of an El Camino you bought for $250.

The only easy way that I know of to relocate the motor mounts (without having to curse alot) is to remove the lower control arms. Then you have plenty of access to the engine mount nuts and bolts.

:mrgreen:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Byron said:
Does anyone know any tricks for not loosing the nut in that enclosure?
First off, welcome to the group!

I use a distributor wrench to get in the frame to hold the nuts while loosening from the top. It's a whole lot easier with two people... :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts