El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first el camino about a week ago. Its an 81 3.8 liter V6 I have never worked on a car before and help would be greatly appreciated. She runs great but I just have to get her to pass emissions and make sure everything is working. There is a black wire with a green connector underneath the airfilter and i have no clue what it goes to or what it does. Also the fuzes are all good i just changed them out but my horn still won't work. I would post a picture but I can't figure out how.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
That can be connected to a dwell meter to adjust the carb. It doesn't get connected to anything under the hood.

·
Registered
12,538 Posts
welcome G
run a jumper wire from the battery to the horns and see if they work.. if it does
find the black wire in the turn signal harness on the steering column,
ground the black wire momentarily,, did they work?? let us know..:bigups:http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring_diagrams/Horns.jpg

put your pics on one of the photo shareing sites and post the link in your thread..

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Make sure all the fuses are there. I've seen peeps pull out certain fuses and not replace them. In my 85 I used to pull the fuse for the clock and leave it out because it killed the battery if I didn't drive it for prolonged periods. But the clock fuse also fed the horn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts