El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,577 Posts
Summer is a tougher time to get together if we can't do an indoor lunch. I am still up for the Horsepower Ranch in October if they have it. Otherwise it will be the wife and I going to the Keys to see Lenny :cool:
Hey Chuck , come on down :) Hopefully the power boat will be running again soon and it is great with a lot fewer tourist around . Duval street in Key West looks like it did many years ago .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Lenny, how do you add the signature line at the bottom of your posts?

This is the addition I mean.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail. A true friend is sitting next to you saying "Damn, wasn't that fun"!

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
@R/T
There is an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) that was added when the site upgraded to XenForo software in 2020.
It includes lots of help on "How To Be Doing Stuff" on the site. The FAQ includes a section "How To Create A Signature".

On your upper right side of the screen, locate the "Site Navigation" icon, three vertical dots. Left click it and it then select FAQ.
It brings up a number of topics that will help use this site.

The default on most Member's Profiles is to only show the top line of other Member's Signatures.
At the very bottom of this post, you may notice that I changed my top line to include my name, location, mfg year, engine size, trans type.
That gives a lot of info on each post without some one needing to visit my profile to find the info.

Alternatively, this link will take you directly to the FAQ for "How To Create A Signature".

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I MAY have it. Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Like others , I would love to join in an event or a meet up at some point . Right now it seems that most of us are waiting/hoping that the Pandemic will be such that this would be possible and advisable . We have been a very active region before the Covid problem and we hope to resume . The sooner the better . For me , I am down in the Key West area ; which always requires several days of driving , motel etc. but something I really enjoy . I am hoping that the clutch in my Camino is finally repaired after trying for months to get someone to fix it . It is getting to the point that I need to perhaps start thinking about what to do with it as it has been months of waiting and spending money to not have it repaired . I have taken it to three different shops that work on it , I pay the bill and they have not made the repair .Seems that I am just spending money while it sits in the sun waiting . I , as well as others appreciate the efforts being made by R/T and several of our members to meet up . For now , maybe those of you that live within a day`s driving distance can meet for lunch , even if it is not a large group .
Lenny is this an issue with the shops not being able to find parts or simply them not having the manpower to do the work? Once things normalize a bit I'm sure a couple of us could come down to try and give you a hand with it, it definitely wouldn't be the first time I've dropped a trans on jack stands!

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,577 Posts
Lenny is this an issue with the shops not being able to find parts or simply them not having the manpower to do the work? Once things normalize a bit I'm sure a couple of us could come down to try and give you a hand with it, it definitely wouldn't be the first time I've dropped a trans on jack stands!
Oldbear , thanks for helping R/T with his question . I appreciate your help and even though I have been the Region 6 Florida Director since about 2007 , I am still a bit of a computer slug . If I have a problem , I need to get my wife to help out . Things will change in my next lifetime . LOL . Kyle ( Squag ) , thanks so much for your great offer to work on my hydraulic clutch problem . The great news is that I just got it back a couple of days ago . The shop replaced the slave cylinder in the bell housing , new Wilwood clutch actuator on the firewall and new lines . Man , it was in this shop for 9 weeks after previously being in another for 3 weeks . The problem was getting someone with the knowledge to install the new Wilwood system that was of a different size than the original system I purchased from Keisler Engineering years ago . Purchased a new system from Silver Sport Transmissions in Tennessee that took over from Keisler . Worth Googling their website . Work space : the good news is that I copied 464elky`s garage and had a 28 x 32 ft concrete. garage ( 31 ft. open ceiling ) , built a few years ago with a BendPak 10,000 lb. , two post lift . I have way more room than I have mechanical knowledge . I admire the talent like Neil and you have to do this work . While you guys were doing mechanical work , I was out learning sailing and playing softball . We have talked before and perhaps when things clear up, we can see if we can have a get together down to the Florida Keys and Key West . In the meantime R/T and a few members are interested in meeting up in a more northern location so stay tuned in to that . Thanks again ;)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts