El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My El Camino is 55 years old this week, according to the body tag on the firewall. Its not "Ermine White" anymore, and it doesn't have "Fawn" color interior, and, well, its not a 327 anymore either. But, Ill keep it!

5B – Car was assembled in May (5), in the second week (B)
13 – Final Inspector’s Stamp
ST 65-13680 – 1965 El Camino V8
Body BF – Body Assembled in Fremont, California
7094 – Fisher Body Unit Number
TR 763 - Light “Fawn” Ramada Cloth, Imitation Leather (Bench Seat)
F – “Fawn” interior trim
Paint CC C – Upper body is “Ermine White”, Lower body is “Ermine White”, Wheels are “Ermine White”
ACC. – Blank, no accessory codes shown
87572 – Manifest sequence number on the build sheet

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks good for 55!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My El Camino is 55 years old this week, according to the body tag on the firewall. Its not "Ermine White" anymore, and it doesn't have "Fawn" color interior, and, well, its not a 327 anymore either. But, Ill keep it!
View attachment 129507

F – “Fawn” interior trim
Paint CC C – Upper body is “Ermine White”, Lower body is “Ermine White”, Wheels are “Ermine White”

View attachment 129508
Happy belated birthday to your ‘65! She’s a beauty. That plate tells a great story. I will be looking for the factory plate under all the **** on the firewall of my ‘65.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, let me know if you have any questions. After taking three years to do a frame off build, I've seen it all. Hope you enjoy your '65!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks rmc65elco for your reply. I’m just barely getting started. At this point I don’t think I’m going full frame off but who knows. I just want to get it running so I can take it here and there safely to get some mechanical work done. Thanks for blazing the trail!

·
Registered
15 Posts
View attachment 129507

F – “Fawn” interior trim

View attachment 129508
Beautiful 65! Can I bother you with getting your wheel/tire specs? Diameter, width, backspacing and tire sizes. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beautiful 65! Can I bother you with getting your wheel/tire specs? Diameter, width, backspacing and tire sizes. Thank you in advance!
Thanks!
Wheels: MHT F097 Foose Knuckle One Piece Cast Aluminum Wheel Size: 17" x 8", w/ 4.5" Backspacing
Tires: Nitto NT555 G2, 245/45 R17 - 99W XL BSW

I tried to run 255/50's on the rear, but they rubbed the inner fender. So, now all four corners are 245/45. I would recommend doing some serious measuring before buying tires. Everything on this forum and the Team Chevelle forum led me to believe that even larger tires would work. But they didn't. One thing to note is that the wheels I bought are only available with 4.5" backspacing. So, there may be some backspacing games that can be played to get wider tires in the back. Hope this helps. Just do the research first so you don't have two tires that won't fit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks!
Wheels: MHT F097 Foose Knuckle One Piece Cast Aluminum Wheel Size: 17" x 8", w/ 4.5" Backspacing
Tires: Nitto NT555 G2, 245/45 R17 - 99W XL BSW

I tried to run 255/50's on the rear, but they rubbed the inner fender. So, now all four corners are 245/45. I would recommend doing some serious measuring before buying tires. Everything on this forum and the Team Chevelle forum led me to believe that even larger tires would work. But they didn't. One thing to note is that the wheels I bought are only available with 4.5" backspacing. So, there may be some backspacing games that can be played to get wider tires in the back. Hope this helps. Just do the research first so you don't have two tires that won't fit.
From the picture you posted above, I think the wheel and tire setup looks great! I keep debating whether or not to put some different wheels and tires on my 65. I'm actively trying to sell her though so it doesn't really make sense, although it's hard to resist. I've seen and heard of people putting a 275 tire but I imagine some inner and outer fender massaging is required.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From the picture you posted above, I think the wheel and tire setup looks great! I keep debating whether or not to put some different wheels and tires on my 65. I'm actively trying to sell her though so it doesn't really make sense, although it's hard to resist. I've seen and heard of people putting a 275 tire but I imagine some inner and outer fender massaging is required.
Thanks! Yep, there's no reason to spend a dime on it if you don't intend to keep it. But if you asked me if you should sell it, well you can guess my response. :sneaky:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts