El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the only problem i have with lowering springs is that they take away suspension travel. if i was going to lower something i would go with lowering spindles and retain full suspension travel

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So no one on this forum as used these springs?

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
I didn't use those same ones but the Hotckis brother to them. Left the front a little too low for me and with 235's had some rub when turning in and hitting the hump into a praking lot.

·
Deputy Director Region 9 (MI-IN-KY)
293 Posts
I've been looking at these too. My friend (a professional mechanic)has had really good luck with Eibach springs on a number of cars. He really likes the ride and handling. He's been less than happy when customer use other brands.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I always upgrade my springs on A bodies to the Monte Carlo specs.
I always liked the height and ride.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Springs have been ordered, will report first hand when installed. :beer:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW that was fast, springs arrived today. 241.00 all in + a FREE pair of Eibach mechanic gloves (real nice) + a free Summit hat. I'll try and install this week.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed the springs today, it is 1" lower all around at this point. Ride is great, not harsh at all, cornering very stable, I made no changes to the alignment at this point and feel no need for adjustment yet. I'll keep a close eye on tire wear. BTW NO rubbing of the 225/55X16 on Repop Iroc wheels. The lowering is subtle but noticeable.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I think those are the springs I am going to get. Just wondering, what shocks are you running? Also, did you notice any improvement in handling?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Run of the mill Monroe gas shocks up front with Monroe air shocks in the rear at 30# pressure. (up 10# from stock springs.)
I think those are the springs I am going to get. Just wondering, what shocks are you running? Also, did you notice any improvement in handling?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Can you post a side view picture of your car with the Eibach springs? I am also interested in these springs. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts