El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Well, I finally figured out how to send a picture... it's in the 3rd Generation Usergroup (I think)... I'm not too saavy when it comes to the Internet, so it only took me 2 weeks!! ... Thanks to the few who responded to my question about hauling a motorcycle! I'm still seeking product information. Regarding ramps: I wonder if I'll be able to ride the bike up the ramp on the tailgate? Also, do the D rings and chock need to be reinforced under the bed? By the way -- I am towing the Elky, so the bike has to go in the back. 8)

·
Registered
39 Posts
i regularly haul my dirtbike to the racetrack with my elcamino. If your talking about a streetbike, i would not ride it up the ramp into the bed, cause if you loose ur balance theres no were to put ur foot down, also the added wieght can collapse the ramp (had this happen once). You would prolly be able to power walk the bike into the bed though. (using the power of the bike to help u push.) Also after you strap down the bike, u can try pulling the rear tire to one corner of the bed, this might enable you to close the tail gate. use two tie downs on each side. Also if u are installing new tie town rings in the bed, put them as far horizontal and as high in the bed as possible, as this will be much sturdier to tie down, and will take less presure off the forks of the bike

·
Registered
86 Posts
When you intall the d ring it never hurts to use a fender washer under the nut. Helps spread the load out so you wont pull the d ring thru the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts