El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.k. There's a ported vacuum switch on the thermostat neck with the temp sensor. On the vacuum switch there's two hose lines one goes to the smog pump the other goes down to a vacuum thing by the starter. where does the top one go to?
On my small dist. coil is mounted on the block if your looking straight down the middle is the number 1 plug at about 5:30 to the right of the center of the dist. or the left? I say the right. 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 the book shows this for HEI IGNITION ? I REALLY DON'T KNOW THERE DIFFERENCE FROM BREAKER POINT ING. I DON'T HAVE POINTS TO GAP UNDER THE DIST. JUST A ROTOR. And I replaced the ignition module and rotor.
On the carb there's a green switch on the top with a plug that has an orange and a green wire. On the plug it self witch color wire would be closer to the firewall on the plug when it's plugged in.
I'm running ruff after changing the plug wires, plugs, dist. cap etc. checked firing order three times plugs are gapped .035 plugs and wires are tight. Checked all vacuum lines. Almost all sensors have been replaced and a rebuild carb. from MT. MAN:nanawrench: I'm leaving now for a new muffler and cat. converter could be clogged it sounds like it, I've been there before and sounds like it.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
I cant get pic's. I'm a ginniepig for windows 8 on my computer and they still only have a book for dummies not for Stupid's like me.

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
on my 86 the green is twords the firewall and the tan with a stripe is twords the front, as far as the vacuum switch mine only has two ports the top goes to carb vacuum(t s into the feed for the air cleaner).the second goes to the heat riser ( efe valve)the smog pump should get its vacuum from the t that feeds the pcv valve,just below the fuel inlet. it will be a 3/8 -3/8-1/8 t. hei is a completely inclosed dist with no external parts. some 87s had the new small dist. the fireing order is unchanged with whatever dist you have.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts