ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are sweet!!!!!:inlove:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your right I forgot he put this in also out of a vet.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
There off a 84ish Vette, they also require a spacer to run on the G-body.:texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There off a 84ish Vette, they also require a spacer to run on the G-body.:texas:
Yes he said something about adapters but they sure look sweet with that color.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Back in 85-86 I had a set for my 78 Elco, and never got them put on.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I had a 1984 Corvette with these wheels.I remember you could not rotate the wheels,you would have to rotate the tires,The wheels would only work on the specific position.I don't know how that would be on an Elky.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I also once owned an 84 Vette with those wheels. That engine is from a later Vette, however. 84's had that miserable Ceasefire er, I mean Crossfire fuel injection. Still trying to understand what you mean by 'original 79'. The wheels aren't original and neither is the truck, especially with a tuned port.....

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I also once owned an 84 Vette with those wheels. That engine is from a later Vette, however. 84's had that miserable Ceasefire er, I mean Crossfire fuel injection. Still trying to understand what you mean by 'original 79'. The wheels aren't original and neither is the truck, especially with a tuned port.....
Yeah,my 84 (82& 84 only)had the crossfire injection,it was slow but easier to maintain.The throttle body injection was self cleaning.I was going to put a 4 barrel on it but I had to sell it,my buddy bought it & kept it for 10 years or more.

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,050 Posts
Yeah,my 84 (82& 84 only)had the crossfire injection,it was slow but easier to maintain.The throttle body injection was self cleaning.I was going to put a 4 barrel on it but I had to sell it,my buddy bought it & kept it for 10 years or more.
I never found my 84 to be slow, got it up to 140 on the cruise control which may be slow by todays standard but it was blazin' fast in 84, I had the preformance suspension on mine, man that was a rock hard kidney belt wearing suspension.

The crossfire had a horrid reputation to be sure, mine never gave me any troubles but from what I've heard I was an exception. I did have tons of issues with the 700r4 though.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I never found my 84 to be slow, got it up to 140 on the cruise control which may be slow by todays standard but it was blazin' fast in 84, I had the preformance suspension on mine, man that was a rock hard kidney belt wearing suspension.

The crossfire had a horrid reputation to be sure, mine never gave me any troubles but from what I've heard I was an exception. I did have tons of issues with the 700r4 though.
What I meant was less than the later Tuned Port Injection.My 84 wasn't that slow but slower compared to the later TPI.The 82 cross fire inj. was rated at 200 hp & the 84 was 205 hp.compared to the 85 TPI at 230 hp.up to 240hp in 87 & 245 in 88.The TPI required much more maintance than the old crossfire.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The guy with the truck said it was putting out over 300hp?

·
Registered
388 Posts
'85 Vette had directional tires, could only be rotated front to back same side.
More accurately, directional wheels. The tires may or many not be directional depending on which tires you put on those wheels. They (the wheels) would 'face' the wrong direction if they were put on the wrong side of the car but they'd work.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Kind of...

His are shinier!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Could be 300 hp with a cam swap, maybe he had better flowing heads than stock, 300hp is easy to do nowadays and still look stock.

The guy with the truck said it was putting out over 300hp?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Could be 300 hp with a cam swap, maybe he had better flowing heads than stock, 300hp is easy to do nowadays and still look stock.
I assure you mine is well over 300 HP. Some ported heads, cam, and a good computer tune would easily put that above 300.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm pretty sure he had no reason to lie. I'm hoping to see them again or on here .
Robert

1 - 20 of 20 Posts