El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both of these body moulding clips dont fit (5th gen), the first i bought from ebay and second pic is what we found at o'reilly's

this is an example of on of the original clip that cracked

does anybody know where i can find the real clip pieces for the 5th gens

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
NPD or OPGI will probably have them.

Gotta wait for the big brown truck though. No instant gratification.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Go to local auto body paint supply. They should have a display or a suitcase behind the counter with all different clips. Those are pretty common GM clips from the '70's and 80's. You should have no trouble finding them.
Now you could do like was mentioned above and order them from OPGI, dixie, NPD, etc. but what those places do is sell you the amount needed for one molding. At the paint supply they come in a box of 25 maybe. Some clips will be 50 to a box and priced right.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Well, some of the places for the clips that I need from some of the suppliers start at $9.50 EACH. May not be too bad iffin' ya only needs wun, but for at least half of the clips, that's a bunch of coins to spend, when double sided adhesives can do the same job, and a hole bunches cheeper!!:poke:

Oh, and your measurements aren't quit up to snuff. You lay out the clips, but not any of them with the same starting point. Seems they are all justa 'bout the same length.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
The length of the clips doesn't matter It's the width that holds the molding. Double sided tape is made for newer moldings with a solid flat surface. The old stainless moldings are open on the back.
What clips are you looking at for $9.50 each and where?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts