El Camino Central Forum banner

Who is going to make Cruisin' the Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my registration sent in today. The cut-off date for reduced rate registration is August 15th. Anybody still on the fence? Do we have a count on who is coming yet? Please complete the Poll ONLY if you will be coming to Cruisin' the Coast. This is going to be an experience!

It's at least the Gater, myself, Beepster, Triple D, and some more from Texas. Who else from the Southeast? Florida? Mississippi? Alabama? Georgia? Arkansas? Louisiana? Other?............................Ken

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Thanks for the poll Ken! Seems I was just fielding questions on the count moments ago. This Region 6 boy is in. The preregister thing is on my list for this week.

:beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did I read your Mind?

Man! Now that's a scary thought - I may never recover! No, I saw some of the posts from down Florida way, and decided it was time to get some names committed to coming..................Ken :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,672 Posts
Put my vote in for a go, so now Fl is leading, Randy were it for today anyway.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I'm in and voted.

Already registered and have raffle car tickets + t-shirts.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Head count

I voted, i'm the only one from MS so far. #2933. I'll be at the Long Beach harbor Thursday afternoon with tent, cooler and camera. I hope to have my card completed by Friday noon. Then I'm going to find a big long parking bay, park and watch everyone drive by. Right now Reg gas is $3.28, so I'm not going to cruise like I did last year. Fuel bill was $298.00.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. 84

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,540 Posts
Thanks for the reminder...long since reserved the hotel room, but I need to get my CtC registration in. Will do that this week.:texas:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I went to Carlisle, Pa for the GM show back in June and that was truely a great time spent with a few other El Camino owners. That was only 340 miles one way and my first big car show. I read all the post here but still not sure where and what event you are talking about. Just guessing it must be between Texas and Florida, I would like to come but will check with mapquest once I find out just where you all are going. ANY HELP, Michael in Virginia

·
Registered
4,136 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
head count for

This is NOT a car show!! You don't just park your vehicle for days at one location. You cruise from one town to another. Check out the website. This will be my 14th year. It's a blast.

·
6,209 Posts
Understood. Registration is required to enter all of these many places though.

·
6,209 Posts
It will save you $25 to print it off and get it in the mail (postmarked) by the 15th of this month.

Someone who has been before can let us know if the pre-registration packet is sent to us, or if there is somewhere to go pick it up after arrival. ??

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
head count for

JJ, all Cruisin' venues have off site parking for spectators. If you register, a confirmation postcard will be mailed to you with your registration number. You present this card to "Cruise Control Central" located on the old VA hospital property on Hwy 90 in east Gulfport. They open Monday, October 8th at 11:00 am.That's when you receive your packet, window decal, ID card, T-shirt, etc. This conformation card is placed in a large hopper for the Sunday morning drawings. It's a 40 card drawing worth $500.00 per card - total $20K giveaway. Also, a raffle for a '71 Camaro. Also, Dennis Gage, will be here Saturday taping segments for "My Classic Car" TV show. Check out www.cruisinthecoast.com for details.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Thanks much, a little far to drive with a bad back but I'm sure it would be totally worth it. Do you all try and stay in a group and stay at the same motel in what ever town?? Michael still in Virginia

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Ive had my room reserved for months. I didnt know you had to be registered to check out the shows.
No registration is required to be a spectator. Like 84withzz4 said, you can just park on the outskirts of the venue and walk into the display area(s).

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Thanks much, a little far to drive with a bad back but I'm sure it would be totally worth it. Do you all try and stay in a group and stay at the same motel in what ever town?? Michael still in Virginia
We have 15 rooms blocked off at the Holiday Inn Express in Ocean Springs, MS for a few nights during the event. There may be some still available. Let me know if you are interested. I know it's a long drive, so no worries if you can't make it. We'd love to have you there though.:beer:

·
6,209 Posts
The Cajuns have taken the lead! And well hooray for them! But I will even team up with Texicans to get back in front if need be. Not abandoning any :florida: roots to do so. I do have documented family there. Won't go into any details here about how DDD just might be my younger Brother as well...:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The Cajuns have taken the lead! And well hooray for them! But I will even team up with Texicans to get back in front if need be. Not abandoning any :florida: roots to do so. I do have documented family there. Won't go into any details here about how DDD just might be my younger Brother as well...:dontknow:

3D is yer lil bro?

I think he's my 4th cousin twice removed on my Dads uncles grandparents side of the family.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts