El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Deputy National Director
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is 6 weeks till the Get-Together and I need to start getting some numbers on people coming, So I can give Cody's Roadhouse & The Race track some info ! And info for me for goodies bags,Food etc !

So Please let me know if your coming Saturday ?
if your coming to Cody's on Friday Night ?
If you want to run down the track ?

If you have any questions Please ask !!

Thanks !
Steve

·
Deputy National Director
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course I will be there Friday night with both my 84 & 87
Both will be there Saturday !
The 84 will be going down the track ! I might try the bracket racing for the first time !:dontknow:

·
Registered
568 Posts
My quick engine swap is turning into a marathon so I doubt I'll make it. If by some miracle it is done I'll be a last minute shower so don't count me for now.

Jerry

·
Deputy National Director
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My quick engine swap is turning into a marathon so I doubt I'll make it. If by some miracle it is done I'll be a last minute shower so don't count me for now.

Jerry
Jerry
You don't have to bring the Camino to have a good time with us & meet some nice people ! :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,305 Posts
Got the e-mail so it looks good to continue with this thread for the confirmations. I'm in for Friday and Saturday both of course. Will update later if it will be 2 for Friday dinner. No plans for racing but will consider paying the fee for the photo op at the tree.

:beer:

·
Deputy National Director
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
No plans for racing but will consider paying the fee for the photo op at the tree.

:beer:
Randy You might as well do a big smokey burnout in the waterbox !!
You gave me a thought !! Maybe we can do a train down the track & Maybe we can get a pic of each car at the Christmas tree ? Maybe if they have a break in between the day racing session & the night racing session ! Like a half time ? Maybe something like that ! & not have to pay just to get the pic on the starting line ! :dontknow:

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
That would be cool but I want the smokey burnout pic, the tree pic AND the time slip.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'll be there Friday and Saturday for sure. I'm not sure about running it down the track though, when do I have to let you know by?

It's been a busy summer and my El Camino has been my daily for much longer than anticipated cause my Sprite's cylinder head took a while to get back. I know I don't mean NHRA regulation, so I've got 6 weeks to work on that. I need to reconnect and fix the rear brakes. My power steering is out and if I read the rules right that is a no go. I also need to fix/replace my leaking radiator. So nothing as bad as those engine swap, but just got to make it so I can pass a tech inspection.

Also do you know what the cost are for running a second car? I'd love to run my Sprite down the track for kicks. Would that be another $25? Or would I be banned for bringing a British car to an El Camino event :secret:

·
Deputy National Director
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also do you know what the cost are for running a second car? I'd love to run my Sprite down the track for kicks. Would that be another $25? Or would I be banned for bringing a British car to an El Camino event :secret:
Just pay another $25 ! If it has wheels & a motor & it's safe ! You can take it down the track !! :driving:

·
Deputy National Director
10,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello,
I would like to keep this thread just about finding out who & how many are coming !
If you will Please post all other questions & comments on the Meet & Greet & trip down the 1/4 mile thread !!
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=48957
So All the questions & comments about this weekend event will be on this thread !
Thanks for helping me organize something like this for the first time ! :beer:
Steve

1 - 20 of 210 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.