El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting someheaders for my 85, i have the 305 in it. i'm looking for a fairly inexpensive set. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Mine look exactly like the ones in the above pic. The ONLY thing I had to "modify" was the shift linkage. I had to put a slight bend in it to get into low 1. Other than that, it's a perfect fit. :D

Another option for $119 (Headman):

A friend of mine is running this style on his Elky, they fit great too! 8)

·
Banned
881 Posts
One word of warning about the $100 Hedman headers. I went through three sets in six years on my 80 El Camino. Most of the Hedman and Flotech headers are thinner (18 gauge .0478") than the more expensive ones (14 gauge .0747") and will rust through much quicker. You get what you pay for.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
118 Posts
what is the part # for the 68 dolor set? LMK also what is the cost for the better ones and part # do they look the same?

·
Registered
3 Posts
headers

i am getting ready to install a 350 motor in my 85 elky and would like a few tips on the engine. first do they make headers now that you do not have to tighten up every 500 miles or so also is it possible to run true duels if you use headers?

·
Registered
118 Posts
CHVYPWR said:
Should :) I have the same style (shorts) as that, but the Headman ones instead. The headman ones are just a bit over $100.
f-41 sespension what that all about

·
Registered
481 Posts
pwp:first do they make headers now that you do not have to tighten up every 500 miles or so also is it possible to run true duels if you use headers?
You could use Stage8 locking header bolts. My dad has used them for years and i do now and they work really good. Also I've seen some in Hot Rod or Car Craft that have some type of set screw in the middle of the bolt that expands the threaded part of the bolt once you install them, never seen them in action but they look like they would work too.

As far as true duals you could notch your crossmember, thats what i'm getting ready to do.

·
Registered
118 Posts
CHVYPWR said:
Elkzzilla said:
f-41 sespension what that all about
Factory F-41 option code perfomance suspension componants. Monte SS sway bars (front and rear), frame braces, Grand Prix frame brace, quick ratio steering box, stiffer springs.
Do you have pics of the braces and there locations?

·
Registered
37 Posts
"In Dallas I can get it done for $75.... "

Where is this shop? I'm going to be doing headers soon and haven't heard of anything this inexpensive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've been told that Wayne at Lucky's speed shop in Garland knows the guy who does it. Tell him one of the guys in the Southern Bowties Club told you about it. He doesn't know me yet, but he knows Ryan Chrisenberry (who told me about it).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Edelbocks?

Does anyone here run Edelbrock Tubular headers? That's what I just bought to go on my 350 and would like to know how well they fit.
Thanks!
-Kris

1 - 20 of 27 Posts