El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just checking in to see who may be local.
Ill be there the early October.
Got a rental house in the Lakewood Ranch area.
Coming from Colorado to check it out. Rent for a year before doing anything permanent.
Lots of family on East Coast so trying to get closer.
Look for my 69 lurking the streets LOL
Hoping to meet some like minded peeps.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Hey Rob!
We all seem to be keeping a low profile, but there are a few members on your coast. The only event scheduled so far is CJ's Veterans show, there is a thread going in the Region 6 forum.
Also check FlaCarShows website to see if anything pops up in your area.
The track may also be holding drag races too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Rob!
We all seem to be keeping a low profile, but there are a few members on your coast. The only event scheduled so far is CJ'.s Veterans show, there is a thread going in the Region 6 forum.
Also check FlaCarShows website to see if anything pops up in your area.
The track may also be holding drag races too.

i am about an hour north of you in Wesley Chapel. When this virus mess clears up perhaps we can meet up somewhere. If you are into drag racing there is a track near you. It is on SR 64 about nine miles East of I-75. Used to be pretty good but I have not been there for about a year and a half since I sold my previous toy. looking forward to meeting you.
Nathan

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,673 Posts
welcome there some shows starting back, in Bradenton ana Sarasota. I live about a mile from Lakewood Ranch near sr64 & lakewood Ranch Rd. When you get here send me message

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Ill be there about the first week of October. My stuff about a week after me.
But my El Camino will beat me there by about a week. My buddy Mike will get it off the truck and in his garage until I get there.

Ill be messaging and such once Im settled in a bit. May be back for some pointers about registering cars and how all that works in FL.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I heard it was easy.

I'm also looking for the
UNICORN CAR GUY HOUSE
while here, if you know of anything.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,611 Posts
Coming from Colorado to check it out. Rent for a year before doing anything permanent.

i am about an hour north of you in Wesley Chapel. When this virus mess clears up perhaps we can meet up somewhere. If you are into drag racing there is a track near you. It is on SR 64 about nine miles East of I-75. Used to be pretty good but I have not been there for about a year and a half since I sold my previous toy. looking forward to meeting you.
Nathan
Rob , Welcome from the Florida Keys and glad to hear that you are moving to Bradenton and interested in meeting up with us . Obviously , this Pandemic has totally flattened out our events and get togethers but we are hoping that things will improve to the point that we can start again . Right now our plans are to attend C.J. `s Marine Detachment show in St. Pete on Nov. 14 . As Skinyfisher said , there are a number of events starting to reopen and they may be available to you in October . We have a good group that attends our events and having new members like R/T and yourself , we are all looking forward to a safe time to meet . The Florida DMV is pretty good and registering your 69 should not present any problems for you . As a side note to other new Fl. residents , it is required and smart to get your car registered . It is possible to get pulled over and ticketed for failure to do so and it opens the door for an officer to have probable cause to stop you . Some people don`t so they will not have to pay a fee . In Bradenton you are going to be in a great location to drive to many cruises and shows and we are looking forward to meeting you .

Reactions: robpp

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I’m in Venice. Not to far from ya

·
Registered
85 Posts
I thought I was closer to u then it appears that I am. I thought u would be near Lakeland but looks like much further southwest of there. I am in South Orlando and have not been to any get togethers this year. usually do Gainsville raceway meet which is about 30 El Caminos and local shows. Maybe early nx year things will start happening.
Bill

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im here.
Im in Lakewood Ranch off Lakewood Ranch Blvd between 64 and 70,closer to 70 on the East side.
Housing development is called Central Park.
I drove past the dragstrip on 64, looks interesting
I havent even washed the road grime off the el Camino yet. Im hoping to get to it the next few days.
Its running a bit strange, i would expect it will need some adjustments coming from 6,000 feet above sea level to 10 LOLOL
Lenny will be happy to know Im heading to the Tax Collector tomorrow with the intention of a Florida DL as well as plates for both my vehicles.

I have been forewarned I cannot work on my vehicles here. Are there any DO IT YOURSELF garages around the area?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Glad to see you made it. Hope your trip was uneventful. After you get settled in, let us know and we can meet up someplace.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts