El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need both bezels. It seems the 1980 is a single year item. Maybe I can have mine rechromed??

Jack

·
Deputy Director, Region 4
929 Posts
Jack,

There are vendors in Hemmings that do plastic rechroming. Although I've never used them for exterior parts. My guess is expensive and you'll probably be delighted with the results.

I think repros are relatively cheap. Probably not as weather resistant as a rechrome.

I found a good used set of '81 h/l bezels and grill and put those on my '80, it's a direct swap.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jack,

There are vendors in Hemmings that do plastic rechroming. Although I've never used them for exterior parts. My guess is expensive and you'll probably be delighted with the results.

I think repros are relatively cheap. Probably not as weather resistant as a rechrome.

I found a good used set of '81 h/l bezels and grill and put those on my '80, it's a direct swap.

Jim
Yeah. The 81 bezels won't fit an 80 grill.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I called Pauls chrome in PA,, it was a wag on the price without pictures,, 245.00 per bezel,, I have a bunch of 80 bezels that need rechromed,, I am still checking around,, Matty man

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Jack, "neatcollectables" on Ebay has new LH bezels for $29.99. They are new metal reproductions rather than plastic and have very minor imperfections. (I got one and couldn't find the imperfection) .It was delivered in three days.
Right hand is another matter. Found some for $100 plus and am still looking. They are so rare I've even thought about sanding down my plated ones and painting them a body color or a contrasting color.
I'll let you know if I find a good source if you still need them.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
I was approached last week by a local guy with Malibus. He has fenders and front ends for a 78 and 80 for sale. I don't know if these bezels are interchangeable myself. Let me know and I can contact him. May see him at the weekly cruise tomorrow if the tropical storm allows.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was approached last week by a local guy with Malibus. He has fenders and front ends for a 78 and 80 for sale. I don't know if these bezels are interchangeable myself. Let me know and I can contact him. May see him at the weekly cruise tomorrow if the tropical storm allows.
78 and 80 are different, Malibu and El Camino are the same. If he has a 1980 passenger side headlight bezel in decent shape, I'm interested.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Jack, "neatcollectables" on Ebay has new LH bezels for $29.99. They are new metal reproductions rather than plastic and have very minor imperfections. (I got one and couldn't find the imperfection) .It was delivered in three days.QUOTE]

Thanks. Just ordered one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts