El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had several folks ask about my headliner console, so I made a quick video of the pre-install. I'll make another during the installation process and add it to this post for those who are interested.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:You_Rock::You_Rock::You_Rock: I really enjoyed your vid and was very informative. What year car did the console from?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks for the video, I'm planning a similar project and this was helpful. Looking good so far :texas:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:You_Rock::You_Rock::You_Rock: I really enjoyed your vid and was very informative. What year car did the console from?
The junk yard marked the Grand Prix I pulled the console out of as a 1992, but I think any short console will do. Fixitman1 used one from an S-10 I think.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are parts 2 (installation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n7vSPADPHk

and 3 (finished product)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-CLJ8DrFAA

Apologies for the poor video quality, YouTube does something weird to them when I upload right from my phone. I'm glad you guys seem to like the project! it was hard work and it's certainly not perfect but man it's so much better than before. Feel free to let me know what you would have done or did do differently!

·
Master Dipstick
544 Posts
Great job.. thanks for sharing, what material did you use for the final cover? Looks like it is ribbed? I'm wondering if it would wear well on door panels as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 83, it's corduroy and would probably do ok on the doors. I actually considered that myself.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is great! Thanks for the video you have inspired me and shown me what I can expect when I pull my original 83 healiner down.

Keep us up to date. :inlove:

·
Registered
59 Posts
looks like a good project saw on ebay the console goes for about 60 bucks prob can get from a u pull it for about $25 ... possbily a project for this winter.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Great video and excellent craftswomanship! Thanks!

"It has to be perfect. I'd rather drive around with nothing..."

I've been doing that for years and have been thinking about making a fiberglass shell for a headliner console. Only ideas for the time being.

You project is looking great! :You_Rock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts