El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I need you to say a small prayer for me, Going into hospital Monday morn. for angiogram and then most likely a heart valve replacement. I don't normally get nervous about such things but this one has me a little upset (as in basket case) wish me well Thanks I won't be reading the boards for awhile Jim :texas::beer:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
texasjim,
You've got it Jim! Everything will be just fine.

Doug

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,585 Posts
Texasjim , We send you our prayers and best wishes for a successful procedure . I`ve done a few dumb ( but really fun ) , things such as being swarmed by sharks , riding around in hurricanes on mopeds , fighting Moray Eels , and being caught offshore in very nasty weather in undersized sailboats but I must admit that possibly having an operation would scare me more than all of them put together . Being nervous makes perfect sense to me . Just hang in there , trust your doctors and take that leap of faith .

·
Heavy Wrench
979 Posts
Best wishes

With today's technology, Doctors see this procedure almost like a routine tune-up, so hang in there! I bet you come out like new! Just make sure you ask for Genuine GM parts.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
health

Thanks guy,s I've got my pockets full of Elky parts and told them if any of them look like they would fit to go ahead and install them Jim:texas::beer:

·
Heavy Wrench
979 Posts
Doctor... any part will do.

Thanks guy,s I've got my pockets full of Elky parts and told them if any of them look like they would fit to go ahead and install them Jim:texas::beer:
Just be prepared for all those jokes when you get back in case they install one of those 2.02 "pig" valves :nanawoot:

Seriously, I hope all the best.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I hear parker Industrial valves are pretty good. Seriously though, I did some work at a retired heart surgeons house a few years ago & he was showing me his collection of {parts] from years ago till he retired.Definitely a progression there.Like terminator said,pretty routine now. I myself survived 3 close range .38 gunshots through the guts 11 years ago, thanks to modern surgery. Guess we should both be glad we're not living in cowboy times.

·
Past National Director
2,927 Posts
Best wishes from all of us here at NECOA and ECC, Jim. Please have a family contact of us here with news of your progress as soon as possible, so everyone can be informed. We'll be waiting here for your return.

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Prayers sent from the gang here in central Texas.
You'll be chasing those nurses around before you know it.
:You_Rock:

·
ZERO MPG
15,362 Posts
Best wishs from CA. I know how you feel. I'm 50 and going next week for a colonastemy? My father and grandfather passed away from colon cancer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am afraid to go to hospitals, and after quarantine, I think that for me, it will become a phobia. It sounds sad, but it is. Because of the hospitals, I have a lot of stress. Does anyone have such an experience?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm going in for cataract surgery tomorrow and have no worries at all.We have the Covid under control here in Ottawa,Canada.Only had about10 new cases in the last week.Not bad for a city of over million citizens.Rest of Canada is doing very well also.We all wear masks and social distance....only way to control it.Stay safe and healthy down there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts