El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problems with my whole system. But since its getting cold I need my heater. When I switch to heat my air does not get cold. It blows fine but I can not hear my heat door open so the air can flow through thr heater core. I have an 86 Elky. Is the heater door controlled by vaccum or wire pull. Any suggestions or advise ti fix this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
If it's blowing out the floor when you choose the heat mode, then I would check the temperature blend door. It's the one controled by the sliding lever and is cable operated. Remove the glove box and look on top of the heater a/c box.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Low coolant, air in the system, restricted heater hose, retricted heater control valve or restricted heater core.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you as well, I will check both. Form that info I have a feeling I have a clogged heater valve and the coolant isnt getting to the heater core.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was the heater control Valve. The original valve is steel and was corroded and stuck closed. Heater system works great now!! Thanks for all your help. 8)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for posting what your problem turned out to be. A lot of these posts read like good mystery novels, except we never get to know how they turned out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts