El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well what a year so far huh??? I have disenrolled from UNOH until next year, I hope this post finds you all well, my family is doing good but I have a funeral to go to tomorrow due this covid-19, a young man, well young to me he had a double lung replacement 14 years ago( he was the longest living recipient for a double lung replacement) so please stay safe. Hopefully when the virus is gone we will try to get a meet and greet in central Ohio somewhere.
Been working on my 79 Malibu during this time,, then my 83 Camino is next, I hope to sell the 2 door Malibu to fund the Camino then to the 66 El Camino!! Matty man

Premium Member
Hello Matty man from CRS from Kentucky I know what you mean about this covid-19 crap lost my 58 year-old sister October 7th., she was diagnosed three years ago stage 3 lung cancer had been cancer-free for over a year and was doing fine then this came along.馃槧馃槫 I miss her every day馃槶馃槩 stay safe.

Premium Member
I've been looking for a 79 * 82 Malibu to go along with my Caballero decided I would sell my little hot rod pickup truck and get me a Malibu

Premium Member
Well what a year so far huh??? I have disenrolled from UNOH until next year, I hope this post finds you all well, my family is doing good but I have a funeral to go to tomorrow due this damn covid-19, a young man, well young to me he had a double lung replacement 14 years ago( he was the longest living recipient for a double lung replacement) so please stay safe. Hopefully when the virus is gone we will try to get a meet and greet in central Ohio somewhere.
Been working on my 79 Malibu during this time,, then my 83 Camino is next, I hope to sell the 2 door Malibu to fund the Camino then to the 66 El Camino!! Matty man
View attachment 134045
Sorry about the loss of your friend. Prayers going out for you and his family. Coronavirus is a bad to deal with. Please stay safe yourself. Best of luck in the build of your 79 Malibu and your 83 El Camino.

Premium Member
Hello Matty man from CRS from Kentucky I know what you mean about this damn covid-19 crap lost my 58 year-old sister October 7th., she was diagnosed three years ago stage 3 lung cancer had been cancer-free for over a year and was doing fine then this damn s*** came along.馃槧馃槫 I miss her every day馃槶馃槩 stay safe.
Sorry for the loss of your sister. Prayers going out for you and your sister's family. Please do your best to be safe.

Premium Member
Thank you 78 will do my sisters daughter which is autistic set me a little memes that says say your prayers and wash your hands Jesus and covid-19 is everywhere.lol

Registered
Hi Matty Man, Our prayers are with you and yours for your loss. Welcome to our world from Wesley Chapel, FL. The El Camino world is quite a place and is populated with genuine down to earth folks who are always willing to help

Registered
Well what a year so far huh??? I have disenrolled from UNOH until next year, I hope this post finds you all well, my family is doing good but I have a funeral to go to tomorrow due this covid-19, a young man, well young to me he had a double lung replacement 14 years ago( he was the longest living recipient for a double lung replacement) so please stay safe. Hopefully when the virus is gone we will try to get a meet and greet in central Ohio somewhere.
View attachment 134045
Hey Buddy, good to hear from you! Sorry for your lose! I haven't been on lately, I can see posts in my emails so really haven't needed to jump on. I didn't get the El Key out at all this year, no shows to speak of so no where to go. Can't for this thing to be over with so we can get together again!! Cheers! TD

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear from you Tom, I am with you,, lets end this virus,,,
Back to working on my g body,, removed the windshield and found a little bit of rust underneath,, I always say the first I do when I get another G body is to reseal the front and rear windows. Time to start cutting out the rust and weld in new metal. This is the same common issue with El Caminos as well. Worth the money 馃挵 for a pro to remove and reseal the glass.

Registered
All I can say is that you are one brave man or should I say that you obviously are one very talented man. It looks like something that definitely needs someone talented and ready a lot of hard work. I am envious of the many talented folks on this site. Please keep us updated on your progress.
(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Back at it for a short time today,, bad rust under the wiper motor bracket,, so I popped the spot welds removed the wiper motor bracket and cut out the rust. Going to make this bracket in two pieces then weld it up,
Matty man

Registered
:geek: Hi Matty!! Glad to see your
post. Sorry about your friend.
Looks like you have a lot of work
ahead of you. I.. like Tom haven't
been on here lately do to laziness.
and lack of energy.
Don

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
:geek: Hi Matty!! Glad to see your
post. Sorry about your friend.
Looks like you have a lot of work
ahead of you. I.. like Tom haven't
been on here lately do to laziness.
and lack of energy.
Don
Hello Don, I hope all is well with you and your family,, this covid-19 sure 馃Θ,, hopefully we can get together this spring,, stay safe,,
Matty man

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
Well back at it, warm 45 degree day in central Ohio, good enough to open the garage door and do some welding.
Got the metal welded in below the wiper motor bracket,, I am not going to detail the area because it will be covered with seam sealer and hard to see once completed. 2 down and two to go,,

last thing on this section is to install the wiper motor and hot wire it to make sure all of the linkage is clear and won't bind.
Thanks, Matty man

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Well back at it, repaired the driver's side area where the windshield seals. Welded in new metal, bought and used Eastwoods shrinker stretcher, and I just started to scratch the surface on using them. Then used Eastwoods lead free solder to fill in the gaps and level the surface. Use PPE when using the solder. Going to put a skim coat of bondo with the fiberglass in it tomorrow.
One more spot to fix around the windshield then the pita of replacing the one piece floor pan.
Matty man

1 - 20 of 26 Posts