El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The shrinker worked great,, put a nice radius in the sheet metal. Welded in the new metal and then used Eastwoods lead free solder. Going to finish the body work on the windshield pillars on the new metal.
Next big issue is the floor pan,,, nutz,,
Matty man

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One piece floor pan has been ordered should be here in a week or so. So I will start the fun of cutting out the old floor and spot welds,, over 500 is my guess,, I will keep count.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Matty man, you da man. Keep it up and keep posting photo's

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well got the seats out and prepped the floor to cut out tomorrow. I am thinking of doing a separate post on just replacing a one piece floor pan since there had been a big interest on many G body web sites, what do you think?.
I will try to keep count of how many spot welds I remove. Thanks!!

I am thinking my Malibu was a Friday afternoon job,,, looks like the seam sealer gun barfed on the drivers side rear floor pan.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The floor pan is out,, now the fun of grinding and cutting the spot welds out.
Now if you have ever changed a motor or transmission in a G body you know the pain of the seem above the transmission and removing the bell housing bolts. Once I get the pan in place I plan on making a curved flat piece to remove that big lip so getting to the bell housing bolts is easier. Back to spot weld removal, thanks!
Matty man

21 - 26 of 26 Posts