El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am 15 and a sophmore in HS i really enjoy cars/engines and decided to finally register to this forum. i just bought my 1st elky it's a 1981 bone stock basically, 267/TH200 Bench seat..nothing special..I have been around the board for a little awhile and decided it's time to join up..I have some serious plans for it
I about to build a 355 for it right now in my garage on my own
TH350
7.5 3.73posi
Paint dark green
bolt on hood w/ 2 inch cowl
Bucket seats
new carpet
Cd player+new speakers
New wheels+tires.

And some of you read this list and some of you may think wow this kid is rich and is having his parents pay for all of this. NO i am not i work 3 jobs in the summer and currently work 2 right now as we speak, i made alot of money off my last car (1972 Cutlass Supreme350rocket68,000original)
I cleaned it up real nice and resold it. I don't have any pictures of my elky right now but i am working on that with my cousin.

Here is a picture of my last/first car and no i do not have my liscense yet i'll probably be around alot from now on. Hope to meet some great guys and some great info from this board. 8)

-Eric

·
Banned
881 Posts
Welcome to ECC/NECOA Eric!

There are lots of 5th gen owners here to answer your questions. That new 355 should really wake up your Elky. Tell your cousin to hurry up and get some pictures of that 81 so you can post them here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep that 355 + new gears should be a huge diff

It's going to be
355 + speedpro hypereutectic pistons 9.35:1 hopefully
Vortec heads + Comp magnum roller tip rockers
Comp cams xtreme energy 268/280duration & .477/.480 lift
Eldelbrock Performer RPM airgap
Dynomax full tube headers
I am not sure on what kind of carb yet

-ERic

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't forget about the girls on the board! :lol:

This board helped me a lot, and I'm sure will help me much more! There's some great people on here!

Can't wait to see pics of your elky!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Welcome to the board eric, one question though, why on earth did you sell the cutlass???? 8O

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dark Green........ GM makes a real nice dark green for their trucks. It was used in the late 90's. The color is called Dark Caribe Metallic. If you go to the member cars, bottom of page 7, you will see what a 5th generation looks like dark green. Kinda partial to the color myself. :D

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Welcome Eric,

You'll fit in fine here. Every time I log on, I find things that amaze me here on this board. We have a wonderful wide range of talented and knowledgeable members here. We all get along well, we know that everyone has their preferences and respect that. So in my own humble opinion this place is the best place on the WEB bar none. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts